Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moreton Overnight advice

Re: Moreton Overnight advice

You can't get in there. Too shallow. You could anchor up inside north point in a Sou'Easter but you wouldn't want any north to it. The trawlers anchor up there all the time. Sandy bottom though so you'd want a decent anchor to make sure you didn't move. Alternately just stay out wherever you have been fishing if the weather is good enough. Anchor on the reef and continue to fish into the night.

Ah..., Had to be something like that, thanks.

The chart doesn't show it as shallow though.... That's the Navionics iPad app... I will now have to see what my Garmin Plotter has for the depth there.

If it was deep it would be nice.... Most protection in the whole bay.

Re: Moreton Overnight advice

The area just inside North Point can give protection in a SE. In front of the Five Hills lagoon is subject to current and swell. Better off round the corner at Comby
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I haven't been out around that area..... Is there a bar? It's all deep water by the chart... But it would have strong tidal flow.....

On a 10-15 knot day would it be hairy or ok? Worse, better or the same as middle bay shipping channel?

I assume that ocean swell would be the main factor once you are at that end of Moreton?

Thanks for any info... It's just idle curiosity. I will go and look myself sometime soon on a good day ( if that ever happens! ).