Thread: Peacock Bass Fishing on the Amazon

Peacock Bass Fishing on the Amazon

Hi all

Im heading over to South America in october for three months and while over there I would love to go fishing for Peacock Bass on the Amazon or one of its tributaries. Just interested to hear from anyone who may have done this before or could recomend any good charter operations or how I should go about finding a good one.

Cheers

Scotty

Re: Peacock Bass Fishing on the Amazon

G'day

Have been to the Amazon last year (Iquitos, Peru) and heading back later this year (Leticia, Colombia) What section are you heading to?

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

G'day Dave

Im not too sure exactly where to go fishing. Im heading over with another mate and the plan was to head to Brazil first and go on a fishing trip for a few days to a week and then head up to Venezuela and work our way down, finishing in Argentina but thats just a loose plan at the moment. Just in the stages of trying to find a good charter operation. Did you go fishing in Peru?

G'day

Alright..... where to start?

When I was there, I did Peru, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile and Bolivia.

As an Aust. passport holder you will need a Visa for Brazil and Venezuela, and pay a recipricol fee for Argentina and Chile.

Basically I lodged and did a private tour with Cumaceba lodge in Iquitos, was cheap and fantastic. I wasn't focusing on fishing as such, but we still fished for pirahna, cod and amazon salmon etc. by traditional means.

You're best off imo to look for a jungle lodge and tack on some fishing from that location. Palmiri (Brazillian soil up near the border of Peru and Colombia) from the town of Leticia/Tabatinga had some attractive packages. I also remember reading up on some really good lodges in Venezuela.

Be aware, Brazil is the most expensive, Bolivia is the cheapest. Bolivia is also an awesome place.

For wildlife, check out the Pantanal in Brazil, I dare say if possible the fishing there would be awesome too.

I put up a thread a little while ago showcasing the countries there, will send you a link to it.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING

PRECISION DETAILING