Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idiot jet ski riders on the pine

Idiot jet ski riders on the pine

Spent the day on the pine,lovely day,great weather,good tides,a few fish,Just a MASSIVE THUMBS DOWN for every single jet ski rider on the pine today,Not one of them slowed down under the bridge,some even decided to play "hay lets be a dick and kick it sideways at 60mks under the bridge" all within 10 metres of my boat which is a pain in the backside when your anchored near pylons,Was hoping to catch up with them at the ramp but couldnt see them anywhere.

Every jet ski went past me today over 60kms an hour and only 1 or 2 took a wider berth around me and other fishos,most decided they couldnt find enough room in the pine and had to stay within 10-20 metres of me,but all boats managed to take wide berths and slow down near other vessels.

i dont know why they feel we need to watch them,are they really that insecure, have small anatomy or are they just plain stupid.

Wheres the fisheries when you want them.

so,im sorry to the one decent rider amongst the 100,but i now dislike each and every jet ski i see.

Re: Idiot jet ski riders on the pine

Not just jet ski's today. Was at the Ramp at Petrie, when three tossers in (3) boats came up the river, straight through the no go zone, under the bridge, did their best rip their props off on the gravel bank before the rail bridge, then turned around, went back through the no go zone and headed back down stream.

I have kept my boat off the water this weekend for just reason. Long weekend = idiots

SPDUDE, i cant bring myself to use that ramp at DWB or even fish that area of the pine anymore on a wkend cause of those tools

Now my rant: In my kayak at Manly this morning in about 70cm of water, I catch a nice bream.
    A half cabin comes nailing it towards me until THUD, his prop must have hit a submerged rock. He turned around and headed for the ramp.
    Cant we all just play nice and slow the hell down? And OPEN YOUR EYES.

Oh and trying to go back into the harbor with idiots on the rock wall trying to see if they cast and hit me!

Cabbage tree boat today retrieving boat and I swear idiots can't read big red and white signs saying 6knots wash every,where boats every where, wife and i standing there in amazement

Quote Originally Posted by Todddo View Post
    Now my rant: In my kayak at Manly this morning in about 70cm of water, I catch a nice bream.
    A half cabin comes nailing it towards me until THUD, his prop must have hit a submerged rock. He turned around and headed for the ramp.
    Cant we all just play nice and slow the hell down? And OPEN YOUR EYES.

Oh and trying to go back into the harbor with idiots on the rock wall trying to see if they cast and hit me!
    I had a guy abuse me at Nudgee yesterday while I was doing 6knts past some clown anchored in the channel with another idiot flying past in the gap between us (about 10m) because I ran over his lines, the weekends make me laugh, bloody warriors!

I swear they are the worst at the pine, was there a few weeks ago and they have no consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    ..... all boats managed to take wide berths and slow down near other vessels.......
    I asked this another time and didn't get an answer..... What's the point of slowing down near an anchored boat in a channel?

Isn't there generally less wake from being on the plane? Unless I slow to 3 knots there is still a wake whatever the speed. And slower can be bigger.

I also wonder about distance off boats... The wakes keep travelling until they are spent on a shore. So once you are beyond casting distance what benefit is there on being further away?

Don't get me wrong... I try and be considerate of wake and would give everyone a very wide berth if water depth allows.

And here's my rant.... It annoys me when folk come into a anchorage and drop of the plane at the very last moment and so are still beyond their hull speed when passing between boats. Doing it that way they create the maximum wake they are capable of producing.

If they got down to 5 or 6 knots before hitting the anchorage it would take them an extra thirty seconds... Surely your boating isn't so time poor that you can't afford that. (End rant)

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    I asked this another time and didn't get an answer..... What's the point of slowing down near an anchored boat in a channel?

Isn't there generally less wake from being on the plane? Unless I slow to 3 knots there is still a wake whatever the speed. And slower can be bigger.

I also wonder about distance off boats... The wakes keep travelling until they are spent on a shore. So once you are beyond casting distance what benefit is there on being further away?

Don't get me wrong... I try and be considerate of wake and would give everyone a very wide berth if water depth allows.

And here's my rant.... It annoys me when folk come into a anchorage and drop of the plane at the very last moment and so are still beyond their hull speed when passing between boats. Doing it that way they create the maximum wake they are capable of producing.

If they got down to 5 or 6 knots before hitting the anchorage it would take them an extra thirty seconds... Surely your boating isn't so time poor that you can't afford that. (End rant)
    yeah,i agree,i slow down but keep my boat on plane just,keeps minimal wake and im not doing 60kms an hour past them.

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post

Seems to me that when I am in my boat & travelling along, I think that my wake is smaller on the plane (none the less drop to 6 when passing stationary boats)

BUT

when I am stationary I experience the wake of passing boats that are planing as "worse" than passing boats that are doing 6 knots.........so maybe we have a false perception of our own wakes or maybe it is the "intensity" of the wake not the size of the wave created?

And this makes 2 weekends in a row that my boat has sat in the garage at home, just too many tools on the water and to me it just aint worth the agro!! it just stuffs up a good day out, rather I like a bit of wind and rain as the wankers stay home and only the serious fisho goes out then !!

I ranted above but really it only mildly annoys me when others are tools because I cant control their actions but I can control my feelings about it. And I don't want their silliness ruining my family's enjoyment. So we try to treat others stupidity as like the weather... No sense getting annoyed at it.

It's interesting that stationary the planning wake is worse than the mountain of beyond-hull-speed wake.

So in the Logan river just down from Jacobs well there are tinnies fishing. Should we slow for passing them? No one seems to. I am unsure myself.

From a kayakers point of view I can absolutely say that the wake of a boat off the plane is so much better then someone going past at 20kms. I have a bright yellow kayak wearing a yellow life jacket, you can see me so slow down!

Todddo is the effect less on the yak if the boat path was further away?

So does a boat on the plane at 100 metres affect as much as 30 metres? What about 300 metres?