Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 2012 rod building weekend

Re: 2012 rod building weekend

Should have called it the blue chook chucka.

You are a funny man Stuart.

Funny to look at!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Chris

I found the Xi3 lighter and still pretty fast (like the Xi2), but a little more forgiving in its action (but this may be just the lighter blank). Both are weapons though and I prefer them over the ONE for the type of casting I do. I will load it up with Rio Outbound so it loads up quickly.

Steve
    Thanks for the insite on the XI3s Steve,out of all the 10wts ive got the XI2 has the best backbone for lifting but when you dont use it for awhile its feels stiff but does soften after awhile,i had a cast of the GLXcrosscurrent 8wt when they firstt came out and still to this day think that was the best thing ive cast ever but the tips are to brittle from what ive read,i got the XI2 blank cheap when the XI3s come out and thought it was a good chance to build one and see what they were like with out paying full price,and for a line i got a rio intermediate with the nautilous 12T i bought but ended up going back to the SAstripper intermediate it loaded better i thought but i no a full sink would make it feel a lot better again,cheers chris.