Thread: advice on kayak seat

advice on kayak seat

G'day all

After a few hours of paddling my bottom gets sore. How would a cushion or apiece of foam go for extra cushioning??

If that didn't work would i best to look at BCF or Charlton's Fishing for a seat???

What do i need to look at in order to have a comfy seat???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Brad.

Apex or Crack of dawn seat with a Clark rubber stadium seat glued underneath it.. BCF have some ok seats.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Re: advice on kayak seat

Cheapest place for a kayak seat is Ebay about 1/3rd the price of the same product at BCF.
    Presuming your kayak is a sit on top.

Two things to look for:
    1 the straps that come forward from the backrest attach high on the back rest.
    2 the straps that attach on the back down low on the backrest are about a good hand span apart and attached well below the mid height of the back rest.

Bad positioning if these straps makes for a seat that will not sit correctly in your kayak and you will be forever moving it to be comfortable.
    Jack.

When I first bought my yak, it was the sore backside that used to drive me home, I bought a Skwoosh gel seat pad from a company called Cutting Edge Knives. It is fantastic, I can easily stay out all day and don't get in the least bit sore.

http://www.cuttingedgeknives.com.au/...cPath=584&rID=

The other angle is getting a low-cost self-inflating seat cushion. I have an old LiLo brand one. It's something like this one in the UK - but I'm sure you can find them here in camping or army disposal stores. Hobie also have a self-inflating bum pad. Cheers, Pete

http://www.jjsupplies.com/thermalite...ing-1311-p.asp
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================