Thread: Forsyth reels

Forsyth reels

Has anyone had any experience with these reels? Or have you heard about what they're like? I need a couple of reels of this size but I don't need top dollar, hence my interest.

On the Ebay site it says 10 available and 78 sold so someone must be buying them. Cost: $28.26

Any opinions out there...?

Forsyth yn2000 10ball bearing spinning reel

1x "Forsyth" YN2000 reel

Features
    • 10 precise ball bearings, Mini Bearing inside line Roller
    • Alloy spool with spare plastic spool
    • Gear ration 5.2:1
    • Computer Designed Balanced Rotor , Vibration Free Rotor
    • Instant anti- reverse
    • Right/Left interchangeable Handle
    • Anti twist line roller
    • Boxed in a fantastic design
    • Anti-twist rotor reduces tangles by laying line evenly on the spool
    • Handle folds neatly in 1 easy action

"...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Re: Forsyth reels

I did a forum search and there are only a few hits dating back to 2006 where it links Forsyth to cheap 'Chinese' rubbish (according to the postee). But those posts seem more about Forsyth terminal tackle than the actual reels.

I'm asking about the reels specifically. If the stats indicate 78 sold I'm wondering who keeps buying them. Where are the reviews?

When I did a Google search for reviews and I got some links to previous Ausfish posts - but there was hardly anything about those reels..!

Well I received my $28.32c Forsyth reel in the post the other day and am impressed by the apparent quality.

It's a nice tidy reel and smooth winding and a smooth, steady drag.

I had also ordered a $20.00 Kamikaze reel of the 2000 size and compared with the Forsyth it was like comparing a Stella to a low range Jarvis Walker from K-mart.

The Kamikaze has a much more plastic feel about it and the drag was scratchy sounding and jerky.

Anyway, for the money the Forsyth reel seems well worth it. I'll just be using it for chasing yellas so I'm sure it'll be fine.

id pay the extra $20 and buy a shimano sienna,great value little reels.