Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Dirty rotten scoundrels.........

I did notice that they are using marty's boat in a pro mo video, ( 7.5mtr ) even see the AF stickers quite clearly a few times. They espouse the big 300 Yammie on the back and then at the end of the video they show the specs......... hull1860kgs... Max Hp....... 250 FFS !!!!!!!!!

That probably says it all.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    not too sure that is 100% right, the dealer is only a re-seller of the goods, if it fails, it is not his problem to fix it, the manufacturer is the one who is "holding the bag" the dealer should do everything in his power to help you, but he is not responsible for the quality of the goods or the repairs to make it right.
    Noel - its a common misconception mate, compounded by the retailers referring to manufacturer's warranty and telling customers that they will just have to see what the manufacturer says/is going to do about it etc. Under the Sale of Good Act (QLD) and the Trade Practices Act, consumer protection laws mandate/imply into a contract of sale for many goods under a certain value terms of merchantable quality and fitness for purpose. Under the TPA there are also provisions dealing with foreign companies who manufacture goods that are defective, but where they have no registration in Australia - in such cases it mandates that the retailer is considered the manufacturer. I would have to look at the sections again in terms of monetary values etc, but I am confident that a trip to the solicitors office would be worthwhile at least for an hour chat. As to whether it is worth it given the family size business, it depends on several factors, but from a strict recovery point of view I dont know...there may be insurance to cover the defect, but I doubt it.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

hhhmm, it seems kind of like the plot is getting some what thicker now then, so, what you are saying is, the product is manufactured in China (regardless of what it is) the seller/dealer is responsible for any warranty claims? seems somewhat "grey" to me that lot.

In effect mate - the retailer and you have a contact of sale. Your contact of sale (wholly oral, partly oral and partly in writing, or wholly in writing etc) is with the retailer. Many retailer's dont realise the extent of their potential liability. The idea behind the legislation is that it saves innocent purchasers from misery if the manufacturer is not in Australia or wont stand behind the product - it forces the retailer to stand behind the product they sell and profit from. While I am happy to assist the retailer to get the manufacturer involved in warranty claims and work together to make the manufacturer come to the party if all else fails, the retailer is lined up.

Cheers

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

You can expect a lot of support from the Boating Industry Association ( BIA) they are members as well??? I'm sure they won't like their name associated with a builder and dealer who won't fix their product and make stuff that cant 'possibly meet standards you would think?

Am I missing something here, NOBLE BOATS are deliberately ignoring Trevelly? Following on, why and what would NOBLE have to gain in doing so? Doesn't add up to me, have they closed down or are they about too? This just seems so odd to me, not to reply to Trevelly by phone/net/Ausfish. What do NOBLE think, just ignore and it will go away? Bloody baffling the mindset of NOBLE!

ozscott,

Yep pretty much what I said. I get pissed when I have to take a product back to a retailer only to be told €I will have to take it up with the importer. No I dont mate, my contract is with you lot. Ok sir, I will see the manager, manager says no, we dont have to deal with the claim. Yes you do mate, quote the TPA and they come good. Pathetic how they try this on but I suspect they try it on because in the most part they get away with it. The company that sold the boat may be small but that has nothing to do with the customer. If the retailer sells a sub par prodct then that falls on them, its not the problam of the customer that gets screwed/ stuck with a lemon. The same goes for people importing boats from the US as second hand or even brand new. If anything goes wrong with the boat then it will come back to the guy that imported the boat no matter how many times the boat changes hands. I dont think many know this and if they did they may have second thoughts.

Trev you keep saying that because you fixed it you probably voided the warrantee (not that it deserves the name warantee in this case!) but I don't think so.

You took all reasonable steps to allow them to fix it (and then a few more) and they didn't.

If you ever get a hold of them I reckon they are up for all your costs and more for risking your lives. But I am not a solicitor.

I think though that Nobles name is now mud and they should be forced out of Australia's market until it meets our standards. Sorry to those who have one.... If it is pre China it still should be a good one.

I suggest you contact your local Federal parliamentarian and bring this safety risk to light and ask they get the govt depts involved.

I have heard if an enquiry comes to a govt dept from a poli it gets more action than from joe blow.

Don't know what depts but certainly ACCC and maritime safety. I wish you and your family the best mate... You certainly deserve some good fortune.

I dont think that would help much but worth a try. Would certainly be getting legal advice none the less.

I took the boat into the boat builder and got some work done today - he is reasonably confident the weld will hold that was done inside the hole. Will be inspecting this one after every outing to look for any cracks - if I get a crack then we go straight in with open heart surgery on the transom.

Transom weld isn't pretty but it has plenty of bulk and good penetration unlike the crap there previously.

He also welded up a crack in one rib (spliced in a new plate) and welded up another two cracks in the cross member under the fuel tank and one in the cabin side next to passenger and finally the two outside cracks each end of the motor upstand.

I know we can be a little critical of the welds to the channels but into a small inspection hole with little visibility - I think he did well - but for sure these are the ones to be watched for cracks in future - if a tiny crack then into this area to build a proverbial brick dunny.

bob28.JPGbob27.JPGbob26.JPGbob25.JPGbob30.JPGbob29.JPG

I spent until into dark putting back in the fuel tanks, floor and back on the trim tabs.

I have remaining the transducers, water uptake and burley bucket then I am good to go fishing with the boys at The Banks next weekend if seabreeze stays good.

bob32.JPGbob31.JPG

Do I want to see a large China company build a dud and I then go for a small ozzy family business for the negligence of the manufacturer? It is a course of recompense I would get no joy from.

With my black sense of humour I thought wouldn't it be right if I had bought my boat locally from Cunningham Marine then took legal steps to get it sorted only to clock up a legal bill, have the company go into receivership and I cop the legal bill and then have to chase the receivers for the boat!
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    OK, prolly just gone and got myself banned from FB. Posted this link onto their website several times by commenting on their posts. Even asked ET if he would have a read!!!!
    Funchy - Love your work mate - it's great !! Thanks - given me the biggest smile today !

Off to tuck in my little boy now
    Cheers

Trev

Guys, we can't respond to Nobles FB page, but we can respond on You Tube .

LP

I thought either the parent company or directors of the parent company of Noble International went into receivership recently.
    I may be wrong but worth our local Ausfish investigators having a bit of a dig around on google.

I believe the owner(s) of noble got screwed over by the Chinese manufacturers. Cant remember the exact details, but I have a friend who knows one of the blokes. I will chase him down next weekend and get the full story.

A quick search has found little detail.

Noble Boats Pty Ltd were deregistered a couple of years ago.

Noble Boats International were formed then. NSW business name.

Also Taijuian Noble Boats International are a registered Aust Company.

Cheers