Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Its hard to fathom getting treated like that mate !. You don't just buy a boat you buy the dream. Then you find the dreams a patched up half built lemon when it should be an absolute machine. The service , which is another reason you originally brought the rig , cause there was every indicator to suggest that this was the big time, is non existent and a total farce.
    I have been dreaming a similar dream which was buying a Noble boat. that dream is dust now and I wouldn't even consider a Noble.
    What a disappointment

Guys I see this thread resurfacing.

Just to close it out to people who have taken the times to read it and do not have the later news.

Ronnie as most of you know lost his battle with cancer:-
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...312-Our-Ronnie
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...-little-Ronnie
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...final-farewell

I am not putting this up to revisit the sadness of losing Ron or seeking sympathy just closing out this thread.

The boat was repaired well by Moda Marine - Shane did a great job.
    I still have the boat now and plan to keep it a long while yet.
    I have taken it on quite a few offshore trips and the ride is great and the set-up will serve me well for a while to come.
    I have recently put a new sounder in it Lowrance 12" touch with CHIRP and keen to take it deep drop fishing.

If Noble Boats were made properly in OZ they would be an awesome unit.
    Cheers

Trev

I'm so sorry for your loss Trev. Don't have many other words but just wanted to say how saddened I am to hear of your loss.
    Best wishes to you and your family.
    Your's sincerely,
    Darren

Wow, I have just read this thread from start to finish.
    firstly, condolences on your lad, it was one heck of a fight, and sadly the nastiness took over, so so sad to hear of your loss, I really do feel for you and your family, hard times and so not deserving for you.

secondly, I admire your tenacity on chasing this whole business, you really did go to some lengths to help not just yourself but other owners, I commend you.

thirdly, I wish I had found this sooner, as I stumbled across it due to been the new owner of a Chinese built noble !

i have just finished tearing the deck out after reading this thread, be welding it next week ! Found the same as you guys, welds missing, no strengthening brackets, a few piss poor welds.

i bought the boat as a home finish, from a dealer who had managed to go bankrupt, so I got it for a song, private sale so no comeback on him, and it was always my intention to take the deck out as who ever fitted it had done an awful job, am so glad I did, I only wish I had known I was buying a Chinese noble at the time, (sold under a different name here) wasn't until the deal was done and I had the paperwork I could trace the history and do a search on them !

regards, Rob.

Well Trev now travels out to to the abyss often on his own and takes on deep sea trawlers in his modified NBI so if you follow his lead you will end up with a solid / safe boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Well Trev now travels out to to the abyss often on his own and takes on deep sea trawlers in his modified NBI so if you follow his lead you will end up with a solid / safe boat.
    I have the deck out, and the welding should be getting done next week, delivery of plate coming hopefully Wednesday, while the deck is out I am building some fish storage under the deck, and making the fuel tank bigger (only a 55ltr tank at present).
    lots of plans so little time.......

These were great boats when they were sportsfish supervee
    The decline set in when nobles decided to build boats in China, the quality was never near good enough and when they over ordered and couldn't get the turnover to unload orders and the Chinese ended up owning the company name
    Noble international boats
    These are a long way from the original sportsfish supervee and ppl buying what they had know from old rep to be great boats have been screwed over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    These were great boats when they were sportsfish supervee
    The decline set in when nobles decided to build boats in China, the quality was never near good enough and when they over ordered and couldn't get the turnover to unload orders and the Chinese ended up owning the company name
    Noble international boats
    These are a long way from the original sportsfish supervee and ppl buying what they had know from old rep to be great boats have been screwed over

thanks, am unsure how much( if any) the design has changed since Chinese ownership/manufacture, am sure it will have had corners cut as this thread proves, I am not privy to the original design unfortunately, I will say the build quality is not the best on mine, but I have seen worse !

too late now, I just have to work with what I have.

i have started a thread on it now as feel bad hijacking this mans post, sorry trevelly, not meaning to take anything away from you or your thread.
    Rob.

GDay mate
    The hull you have is more along the lines of the classic hull range
    The super vee I'm speaking about is a 100k boat n it's sad to see the way it went

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    GDay mate
    The hull you have is more along the lines of the classic hull range
    The super vee I'm speaking about is a 100k boat n it's sad to see the way it went

Its a a sad day when a great design gets ruined by money men, too often the case nowadays.

i think the tide is slowly turning here, people are spending more due to the economic climate and going more for quality(at least I like to think so) even if it costs more.