Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puma servo Kybong (old matilda truck stop sth of Gympie)

Puma servo Kybong (old matilda truck stop sth of Gympie)

Just put 90 odd litres of premium 98 through the motor the other day and noticed a lot of black soot around the exhausts and the motor was running a bit rough and stalled once.

I had it checked out today and the mechanic reckons it was a bit of dodgy fuel.

Has anyone else had any issues with fuel from this servo?

Cheers

Re: Puma servo Kybong (old matilda truck stop sth of Gympie)

So no one else fills up here??

We get diesel there all the time and never had an issue.

Never had an issue there, Marto. Seems to be a few cases around, lately, from all over. Hopefully it hasn't done too much damage for you.

Is there still a mobile transport dept. vehicle inspection set up on the new highway just south of that stretch? Have been there a heap in the last, and was wondering if they're still stinging vehicles.

Cuzza

With only one working oil refinery left in Qld / NSW these days, most fuel is imported, you get what you get, boat by boat.

Yeah man I was ferretting around my boat yesterday and noticed one of my filters was full of shit. I only fill up at a couple of servos generally and never had a problem but this might have been interesting if the filter had not trapped it. I think its a day by day prospect at all servos these days.

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Never had an issue there, Marto. Seems to be a few cases around, lately, from all over. Hopefully it hasn't done too much damage for you.

Is there still a mobile transport dept. vehicle inspection set up on the new highway just south of that stretch? Have been there a heap in the last, and was wondering if they're still stinging vehicles.

Cuzza
    I didn't notice it there Cuzza but we did leave Brisbane about 3am and didn't get home until 8.30pm and I wasn't really paying to much attention to what was parked on the side of the road tbh.

The problem with Premium 98 is that there is simply not the volume turnover of it, so the chances of contamination or stale fuel increases simply because it is sitting there longer.

There was a similar issue experienced a couple of years ago at the servo at Agnes - premium was causing problems but diesel and standard unleaded was fine.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Thats a very valid point there Moonlighter and its something I never even contemplated. It does make sense though cause I never put premium in any other vehicle except for the boat and I don't know of anyone else that does.

However I did chuck another 25 odd litres left over in a jerry into the work ute on Thursday morning but it runs that bad normally I didn't notice any difference.

Hey Marto interested as to why you use premium unleaded? Does it generally make the boat run better?

To be honest goona I've never really noticed a difference but that is what my mechanic recommends, he is also a big advocate of draining any old fuel out of the tank if it is sitting for any length of time.

My Volvo Penta GM truck engine diesels on anything less than 98. Every bike I have owned gets more mileage to a tank on it.

My mechanic says premium is more likely to go off as well.
    We though we were doing the right thing.
    He said its good while its fresh but its not always fresh

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hmmm I've only used the 91 unleaded in my 175 - 2014 Suzie and it runs fine on the Cruise craft

The only thing premium is useful for is high compression engines. Otherwise its a waste of money. Octane rating is a measure of a fuel's resistance to detonation, not a measure of power.