Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Good luck trying to sue a Chinees company.

Trev that is shocking what happened to you boat.
    I fill sorry and, I hope Nobel will come to party too.
    I had just quick google and looks like they are well active on facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noble-...09895705712219
    Last edited by MyWay; 06-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.

No response or reply? Link this discussion to their facebook page and see what sort of a response there is!

In any case I would have to stay it's a can of worms especially when China comes into the equation. Hopefully this might ring alarm bells for anybody else contemplating such an "investment"?

For peace of mind the way forward is a compentent alloy man (few and far between but they do exist) of your choosing and do this right to your satisfaction under your control, not some unknown, organised by anybody involved with this company as obviously their QA is crap.

I would be posting photos on there facebook page then.

Yes guys I have chosen a fella with decades of experience (mainly doing commercial watercraft including City Cats & Tangalooma flyer) to do the repairs and I do trust him. He has said that I should not expect a beautiful weld doing it at the bottom of the hull through a small inspection hatch at top and that is a fair call.

I just want something structurally sound and safe.

I have the tank out so the boat is now safe to weld in.

I have had a look about in the recess where the tank once sat and although it isn't pretty the welds all look visually good to me.

I have also chosen to grind back the bog on the transom where the cracks were full length to allow easy visual inspection of this joint.

Once the repairs have been done will make a call on how solid the transom seems under load - what do you recommend a big fat bloke jumping on the end of the motor?

Got to admit guys I am not into facebook and don't even know if you can post a link to this on there? By the way I won't be joining facebook to make a link - but if someone wants to?

bob21.JPG
    bob22.JPGbob23.JPG
    bob24.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

Brendon - I will get pics of inside the area where the channels are and the layout - welds etc when repairs done shortly.

Greg I do not have manufacture pics of boat being made as I did not order it rather bought it from dealers yard.

DAZ thanks for sending pics - here they are below - yes they do look different when you actually weld them don't they

photo.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto2.jpg
    Cheers

Trev

Sorry to hear the bad news! Noble built themselves up a great name and a great boat, but come 2006 the 'Nobles' moved off shore and were getting built in China. And that put me off. I would still purchase one, but pre 06'. Once they move offshore/ china the quality contoll is not there! Not to mention the quality of the Alloy and wire, welds etc etc.
    Hope you get it sorted, so you have a safe reliable boat.
    Stop professional fishing... before it's too late!

I have posted the link to this thread on Nobles FaceBook page.

Let's hope the power of the WWW sees them visit here for a response.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

A guy in my club has a new one of these and we had a good look over it and I am not too impressed, neither is he in this thread, another bloke in the club bought a 2nd hand sportfish with twin johnnos from a guy tassie and they look a lot more solid in a lot of places. The Noble has yet to have a motor fitted, he got it from northern beaches in sydney for a pretty good price . Couple guys on other forums have had issues with these too. Hope your back on the water soon. Doesn't look like there is much gussetting or crossmemebers in that hull either.

Hi trev, Did you buy it from a dealer? You need to take it up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    Hi trev, Did you buy it from a dealer? You need to take it up with them.
    Please read posts 27 and 55
    Cheers

Trev

Hi Trevelly id be putting a safty chain to the transom for peice of mind or 2 or3 gusets from transom to pod and boat transom,its just something you dont expect to through these days i hope it all turns out for the best in the long run and you have some trouble free and peice on mind boating.

Just saw thier page on FB and it seems previous links to this thread have been removed. So I posted this just now.

It seems that a noble boats international has time to post articles promoting thier product but concerned customers have been trying to contact them via every means possible for weeks about very serious warranty concerns. Some poor bloke has had to rip his <2yo Noble apart to try and fix it himself. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...inking%2Fpage7
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Just saw thier page on FB and it seems previous links to this thread have been removed. So I posted this just now.

It seems that a noble boats international has time to post articles promoting thier product but concerned customers have been trying to contact them via every means possible for weeks about very serious warranty concerns. Some poor bloke has had to rip his <2yo Noble apart to try and fix it himself. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...inking%2Fpage7

Similar to the Scott Kirchner thread we should use our numbers as a group. How about we all get on FB and post the link and comment until a response is provided!

Just has a look at FB page and there are no comments from anyone, also had a look at their website and copied this little section about thier quaity control:

Every component of design and construction is managed to ensure the utmost quality is achieved in your boat.
    • Quality management systems in place comply with international standards for quality assurance - ISO9001.
    • All designs are prepared by naval architects on CAD software.
    • All plate aluminium cutting is computerised allowing for the perfect fit.
    • Every hull is personally inspected over and over and welds are x-rayed for defects, fuel and water tanks are baffled and pressure tested.
    • Additionally, every boat is personally thoroughly inspected before it leaves the factory.
    • A further testament to the quality of Noble Boats is their use by the Defence Services.

It looks like someone is telling porkies in regards to QA.