Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Bugger, that looks dodgy as hell. Try sending them an email or a leave a phone call message "with an interest to purchase a boat/set up a dealership", might actually get a call back.

Cheers
    Eug

Can only agree with comments made by Dave. Get it to a reputable plate boat builder for an independent assessment. IIRC there were plenty of pro Chinese noble people here supporting the product when a few early issues were occurring, in fact I thought some guy from Noble international got on here as well??

Maybe Grand Marlin can get some heads turning at noble as he is/was some sort of fit out agent for them as well.

Good news is that it is alloy and can be fixed but Noble should be paying not you.

Best regards,
    Greg

You really should not attempt to repair this, until all avenues for manufacturer rectification are exhausted. If you do so, you may inadvertantly give them a reason to avoid honoring their warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

I do keep this in perspective and compared to spending the past 18 months having my 7yo boy put through high risk chemo and radiation therapy this is a blip on the horizon and as annoying as it is I won't lose any sleep over it .
    Hey Trev,

I know this isn't what the thread is about but wanted to acknowledge the enormity of this and send best wishes to your son, you & family.

Tim

Trev your inbox is full. My message was just best wishes, but there might be actual helpful folk trying to PM you so I thought you should know.

Being an international company, I would involve the federal police to lodge a report about the lack of contact with Noble Int.... and make them aware of the issues being raised. There would be an interest both locally and internationally about the company trading as it is / is not currently. At least with the report documented with the police you will have a better chance when or if your time in court arrives. At the very least, a police report is free to you.
    Jack.

3. Efforts to Have Noble Boats Remedy

Upon returning from the holiday I phoned Nobleboats three times a day Mon, Tues and Wed and only received an answering machine.

On Wednesday afternoon I left a message on their web site for them to contact me - no reply.

I sent them a friendly email to enquiries@nobleboats.com the following Monday detailing the problem and asking them to contact me - no reply.

I took the boat in for 175 Suz 240hr motor service at Jeffers on Friday and collected in arvo - Keith said your motor is perfect but your boat has a broken transom - I said yeah I know - I am trying to get it sorted.

Anyway we opened the inspection lid to bilge pump and it was pretty obvious what is wrong.

There are two vertical channels that go from bottom of boat up into the upstand where the motor bolts too. These channels have small welds securing the toe of channel to back of boat and these welds have torn away from the boat back allowing the motor and upstand to flew a lot.

So weld gurus what do you think of the weld holding the vertical channels in place

Hi Trev

I'm no welding expert, just from what I've learn't and dealt with over the years,those welds seem like nothing more than crappy tack welds?

Why isn't their a bead of weld running along the vertical channels? I know if it was my boat I would be extremely concerned on the very short welding tactics?

If and only if the transoms tear had of extended itself any further your outboard would be trying to drag the rest of your boat to the bottom of the deep blue with whoever was inside of it. Not good!
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

I remember reading this thread ages ago page 3 post 32
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...=captain+noble
    Marty (white Rhino) had copper wire not tinned wire and noble responded on this thread may be another avenue you can persue.
    sorry to hear about your son and hope all goes well.

Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

I will post picks of repair works both over the weekend and early next week.

I do keep this in perspective and compared to spending the past 18 months having my 7yo boy put through high risk chemo and radiation therapy this is a blip on the horizon and as annoying as it is I won't lose any sleep over it .
    TREVELLY that realy surprises me I dead set thought Noble boats were unbreakable, it looks like you have the repairs all sorted though (looking forward to the pics). Top effort on the post now other Noble owners can check there rigs out. It too looks to me like those welds are just tacks I wonder if something was missed when she was built.

But at the end of the day as you have said this is just a blip I hope all works out well with your young fella mate.
    Cheers Axl

wow ...even after those channels are welded it will probably recrack ....ally dosnt like bending/vibrations...transom needs to be solid as a rock with a full box frame for support not two pissy little channels welded to the sheet ...transom will still move and were you weld it to the bottom sheet will crack over time ...
    how much movement is there in the transom? those pissy channels arnt stoping any thing from moving they just look like they are there to stiffen the sheet ??? look further...must be more damage than that ...good luck mate ...

Again it goes to show how a big ticket item like a boat has NO protection at all for consumers , there needs to be some sort of authority that can manage these sort of problems similar to the telecommunication ombudsman . Sorry for you to have to go through all this as well as your personal stuff I hope they get intouch soon with some answers for you and if not you find a good boat builder who can fix this load of garbage . It's a disgrace and shouldn't be happening on such a regular bases this lack of accountability by people in the boating industry and lack of service, hope things pan out for you .. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Mate very sorry to hear of this, it would be heart breaking after shelling out your hard earned.... I do hope everything goes well and u get it fixed. A**holes for not getting in contact with u to sort this out

Regards boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Good on you mate, for just sorting it out on your own. I reckon, you've given Noble plenty of opportunity to come to the party. There is obviously something drastically wrong with their business. Just fix it up and get on with enjoying your life. Good luck with it all
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    I thought some guy from Noble international got on here as well??

Maybe Grand Marlin can get some heads turning at noble as he is/was some sort of fit out agent for them as well.

Good news is that it is alloy and can be fixed but Noble should be paying not you.

Best regards,
    Greg
    Jason from Noble was on here re: Marty's boat.
    Jason is part of Noble and I find him a very likable, genuine guy.

I have phoned and emailed Jason... Ironically I am waiting for a reply.
    If Jason is in China he is usually hard to contact.
    Whilst I have had nothing to do with Trev's boat, I will do what I can to help him out.

As Greg said, alloy can be fixed... so whilst the cracks aren't good, the boat is far from a write off.

Noble have attended to any warranty issues I have raised in the past.

It is now up to Noble to reply / be contactable / act on this matter to avoid a public execution.

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Being an international company, I would involve the federal police to lodge a report about the lack of contact with Noble Int.... and make them aware of the issues being raised. There would be an interest both locally and internationally about the company trading as it is / is not currently. At least with the report documented with the police you will have a better chance when or if your time in court arrives. At the very least, a police report is free to you.
    It's not really a police matter but the accc should be informed, unlikely to help your individual situation but if enough people lodge a complaint it will be investigated, especially as lives could be at risk due to this manufacturing defect.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index...itemId/1024754