Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Trev , I have followed this thread and your battles from day one and I admire your tenacity and strength through these tough times! I too stand along with the rest of the guys from the ausfish family who have posted here , wishing you, your family and Ronnie victory in one of lifes toughest battles! My thoughts are with you and I wish you guys the very best!
    Regards Rod

Thanks for your prayers, good wishes, concerns and offers guys they have been welcome.

We have had a busy but good Sunday starting with church at Ronnie's school, then onto one of little chappies buddies house to wish him a happy birthday and then give him his birthday present a Lego Star Wars set that just happened to match the one his folks gave him no matter to the shop they can go for an exchange, then the arvo spent in hospital getting his 10th chemo in two weeks - poor chap is Neutrophils below 0.4 and starting to bleed.

Black eyes and a grey complexion - was expected though.

Aside from that he is bright in his spirits and still quite alert, full of cheek and laughs and good company .

Each day he is good is very precious.
    Cheers

Trev

Repairs have commenced on boat and aluminium hot-works are done.

This opened up and what was there:-

repair 1.jpg

Presently the outside of the boat :-

repair3.jpgrepair 2.jpg
    Cheers

Trev

Well what a journey this has been for you TREVELLY, it is good to see NBI finally helping you out, the pics of the new transom look good.

Thanks for the post and from my family to yours our thoughts are with you.
    Cheers Axl

Just like a new one - good to see it all coming together for you Trev.

Anyone contemplating buying one of these new Nobles should have a real hard look at that pic of the transom opened up

Mate, good to see you are still keeping your chin up.

Best of luck with the repairs, and best wishes for the young fella's health. Might see you all at Lucinda again one day if I can get back up there......
    Cheers
    Wal

A couple more pics.

This one you can see the stiffener lines on the outside from the buff lines to the outside face.
    The additional plates on outside are:-
    Outer are trim tabs
    Port side burley bucket and underneath water uptake for livebait LHS and structure scan RHS
    Starboard side retractable 1kW transducer frame using upper and lower plates and lower plate to also have conventional transducer.

Repair4.jpg

Inside the transom during hot-works repairs

Repair5.jpg
    Cheers

Trev

Glad everything is coming together Trev.

Can you elaborate yet on what NBI's excuse was for this massive stuff around?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Trev boat looking good say hi to ronnie from all the boys on here best of luck mate bill

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Repairs have commenced on boat and aluminium hot-works are done.

This opened up and what was there:-

repair 1.jpg

Presently the outside of the boat :-
    Looks like zinc chromate in there (the yellow stuff). Not often you find that in boats, normally reserved as corrosion protection for the aerospace industry.

Good luck to you and your family Trev.

I have just purchased a 685 centre cab and the first thing i checked was the transom and I must say that they seem to have addressed the problem.I flew to Brisbane from Melbourne to inspect the demo model which I had paid a deposit on and I must say that I was disappointed at the build quality and finish.Large paint blisters,loose seat boxes ,seat locks not working,rough welds ,excess mastic overpainted and an overall feeling of poor presentation.It was Alec Spencers own boat and I assured it was all quality.

The ride of these hulls have never been questioned but I was going to walk away from the deal and probably loose my 1k deposit.The boat was fitted with a 200 e-tec,hds10 lowrance,vhf,radio mp3 usb,full cover etc etc .The boat was a demo used "only about 3 times" so I was shocked when the motor showed 60 hrs.At 70 k I was heading back to Melbourne less the boat but to Alecs credit when I voiced my disappointment we negotiated a deal at 60k which leaves a bit for finishing to a higher standard.

I would suggest if anyone is thinking of buying a new noble to inspect the quality of the boat they are buying and if you are not happy with the finish to negotiate a price to bring it up to the required level.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have just finished reading this thread.

I must say that I am amazed at the build quality of some of the boats around today.

I have posted a pic of the transom of my boat as it was being built. This is only a 19 footer!

Probably overkill, but when you are doing it your self, labor is very cheap!

Dave.Attachment 83787
    Suzygs1000
    Ingham

Did you consider getting rid of the center scupper?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooka27 View Post
    Did you consider getting rid of the center scupper?
    Hi, I was going to leave reply till boat finished but as you have asked a question . . .

Centre scupper stays but will be lightly siliconed shut - I had a new one put in to replace the one with all the bungs etc. It will be able to be pushed open only in case of emergency.

I have corner tubes installed going out the back - pics to follow when I get boat back in just over a week.

There are a few things I had done whilst the repairs were being done - and paid for separately.

Boat is with painter as of Monday and be finished next week some time.

L80 - as PMed to you we just moved forward in a co-operative way. I wanted payment not an inquisition, but I hear what you are saying and nothing was said of earlier no reply to contacts from me or anyone else. Of near $6k in repairs done only $300 remains to be paid to get motor put back on having had it removed and stored for a while now.

2IC - thanks mate. Little chappie is in isolation having been rushed in to emergency mid-morning today and then having an alergic reaction to transfusion - been a tough day. He is okay now but in isolation for some days to come in oncology - that's life, but we remain upbeat. I will tell him tomorrow about the guys at the M&G Mooloolaba boat ramp he was laughing at say "hi"

TRA - it's just the light in that pic - under translucent roof lights in shed.

bj - yes agree.

sgs1000 - yes do yourself if you can then you know what you get - not all of us have faith in our welds - but good for you doing so.
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    I have spent each evening this week removing items from the back of the boat so that welding can be done.

I have removed the trim tabs and hydraulics, bilge pump (breaking it and buying a new one), burley pot, sounder transducers and water scoop uptake.

I had a boat builder come and look at it this afternoon and now I will tear up the carpet and drill out the lid to fuel tanks, drain the tank and remove it so boat is safe to weld.

I will continue to grind back the top cracks to remove the bog and paint covering the weld and expose this for repair.

The vertical channels must be welded where they meet the floor - this will be done through a small inspection opening so not an easy fix - but doable.

Attachment 79587
    Mate good on you for seeing this through – as someone else who has owned an alloy boat from brand new and had it crack and sink on me three times in 18months I feel your pain (mine was a Stacer though). Any updates or progress on the finishing of this?

One thing I did notice though, is that how most plate boats are built in the back end though ?! Seems quite light on.
    I’m just looking at the transom of my Sea Jay this morning as I’m getting it re-rated and it is built like a brick outhouse compared to that.
    Big load spreading plate that runs up the middle box section with little wings that connect to the other two box section pieces, this is on a 5.4m Sea Jay..
    (excuse my dirty hull haha J )

IMAG0152_Edit.jpg