Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I've got absolutely no useful input to contribute except to say hard luck and sorry to see that mate and if it's out of action for a long time I'll be more than happy to take ya out.

Chin up.
    Thanks Muddy I appreciate the offer.

I will spend this weekend preparing to be repaired first thing next week - no thanks to Noble Boats unfortunately.

I hope to be back on the water in a week with an uglier but safer boat.

I will post picks of repair works both over the weekend and early next week.

I do keep this in perspective and compared to spending the past 18 months having my 7yo boy put through high risk chemo and radiation therapy this is a blip on the horizon and as annoying as it is I won't lose any sleep over it .

Would be interested to know if others are having any issues with Nobleboats at contacting them or with warrantees.

Also if anyone with a Noble can look inside the bottom of the boat and see if their vertical channels are welded at the bottom as I believe mine should be.
    Cheers

Trev

That's dodgy as, all but the top right weld are pretty much birdshit cold welds too. The top right seems like it got some heat but will have cracked easily once the others went. I agree that the bottom should have been stitched and would like to see far more weld in the vertical bracing.

Having seen one of the original fishers under construction when I repowered my tinny, that is nothing close to the quality they use to build. Shame on Noble for ever letting that out of the factory.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Obviously some should not have a license to built boats, what has China got to do with this? Wouldn't call any of that "welding", this is nothing more than "bird shit" welds and extremely poor at that.

Do you actually put this boat in the water and feel safe? The rest of the boat would be worrying the crap out of me.

Mister, Noble boats are built in China now.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sorry to hear that Trev. I have a mate with the same boat as Trev except made in Oz and I can tell you now that the welds are no better, in fact some are the worst welds that I have seen on a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDuck View Post
    Not a good situation Trev. That's a real concern that Origin are not contactable and haven't replied to any of your messages. They should definitely be responsible for any repair costs. I'd be contacting other dealers listed on their website to see if they are still selling them and have any further contact details.

Best of luck.
    Phil

Mate his boat is a Noble not from Origin, someone mentioned he should take it to a builder like Origin to get looked at
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Is the boat still under warranty? If so then you may need to take the dealer to task over this and insist they honour the warranty.
    Was thinking the same, obviously NOBLE are not honouring at this stage, but how long was the warranty for? found it.

Warranty

Noble Boats International: Our liability for boats of our own manufacture is limited to making good any defects by repairing the same or, at our option, by replacement within a period not exceeding thirty six (36) calendar months on the Hull after the boat has been sold by our dealer for the first time, subject to the Noble Boats International Three Year Limited Warranty Special Provisions. Special warranty provisions for paint is limited to a 12 month warranty only from time of purchase.
    Noble Boats International Three Year Warranty Special Provisions:

1. The boat must be maintained and used in accordance with the Boat Capacity Plate and Necessary Maintenance Directions attached to the owner’s manual.
    2. The boat and/or outboard/inboard engine must not have been altered or operated outside safe boating practices or the limits of the design specifications set down in the brochure or owner’s manual.
    3. The boat has not been damaged by neglect, accident, improper use or used for competitive purposes.
    4. The warranty does not cover any consequential expenses beyond the repair of the boat itself, e.g. freighting.
    5. Noble Boats International Pty. Ltd. shall not be liable for consequential loss of any kind arising out of the supply or operation of the boat.
    6. Paint is warranted against defective paint or application for 12 months only from time of purchase, and not against the normal effect of oxidisation and degradation caused by fuel and dissimilar metals.
    Note - Oxidisation has the potential to bubble the paint surface finish. Surface contaminates could cause oxidisation if not removed from the vessel.
    7. Internal side panels are warranted against defects, and not against degradation caused by fuel.
    8. The fitting of wedges and anti-ventilation plate foils to the outboard/inboard engine could void the warranty (refer to special provision 2).
    9. The warranty does not cover windscreen/windshield breakage and leakage around windscreens/windshields or other designed openings.
    10. Any work agreed to be repaired by Noble Boats International will be done ex factory, and freighting costs to and from the factory will be the owner’s responsibility. The warranty does not cover items replaced during normal service and maintenance operations and which are subject to wear.
    11. Subject to item 12, the above warranty is in lieu of any and all warranties expressed or implied, conferred by statute or otherwise and is the only warranty given by Noble Boats International on the boat or any part thereof. Any warranties under the Sale of Goods Act are expressly excluded.
    12. All warranties and conditions implied under the Trade Practices Act, including as to one of merchantable quality, are not excluded by this warranty except that Noble Boats International limits its liability for breach to:
    (a) the replacement of the boat or products; or
    (b) the repair of the boat or products,
    at Noble Boats Internationals’ option with all freighting costs to be the owner’s responsibility.
    13. Original written proof of purchase is required for all warranty assessments on the Noble Boat purchased.
    It is a condition of the sale to you of any Noble Boats International boat or product that the Warranty and Special Provisions as set out above form part of the contract of sale between Noble Boats International and you.
    Commercial Use

Noble Boats International Pty. Ltd does not warrant boats used commercially or warrant that Noble Boats International boats are suitable for your particular commercial application, unless the vessel has been designed and sold for Commercial purposes exclusively.

Hi Trev,

This thread may be worth a read for you, it seems that Noble are having quiet a few problems.

http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/vie...sc&start=0&f=8

There is a link in that thread to fishwrecked where it was originally posted as well but I can't access it anymore so it may have been taken down. There were heaps of pictures in that thread and specifically of other boats cracking around the motor support like yours. (In fact they were so similar I thought this was a repost at first).

If you can track down the thread on fishwrecked it would be well worth the read as they were working through the issues with Noble last I saw, but that was a few weeks ago...

Good Luck

Regards

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Mister, Noble boats are built in China now.
    Then if this one was built in China no need to say anymore! Explains it all.

Excuse my ignorance as I am not aware of Noble boats but is this them in Putney NSW? www.nobleboats international .com/com/contactus.php

Are these the guys not responding or is the China factory?

Fill me in please, I'm a bit lost.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDuck View Post
    Not a good situation Trev. That's a real concern that Origin are not contactable and haven't replied to any of your messages. They should definitely be responsible for any repair costs. I'd be contacting other dealers listed on their website to see if they are still selling them and have any further contact details.

Best of luck.
    Phil
    Hi Phil just letting you know this isn't a Origin boat it's a Noble boat sorry to hear about your dramas Trev hope all works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Linedropper View Post
    Excuse my ignorance as I am not aware of Noble boats but is this them in Putney NSW? www.nobleboats international .com/com/contactus.php

Are these the guys not responding or is the China factory?

Fill me in please, I'm a bit lost.
    Noble boats used to be made in OZ near Brisbane but were moved to China when they were largely bought out. Anyway they have a rep in OZ Jason Lee. They have contacts in OZ and dealerships selling their boats. I have tried the OZ phone number for weeks and left messages it just rings to an answering machine. They have a website and you can send them messages - I did. They have an email address enquiries@ etc etc and I send emails and photos to that too.

They have enough ways to be contacted and may well respond to some I don't know - I only know the dealer I bought it from J&B Marine do not deal with them anymore (and are North of me by 1500km anyway) and have had no calls returned from Nobles in over six months and had the last two warrantee claims ingnored by Noble boats and the local dealer to me here is Cunningham Marine - so there you go.
    Cheers

Trev

Hey Mate,

Sorry to see you have dramas and then this.

I've seen Stessl build transoms better on a 3m boat to take a 25hp, let alone a big boat to take 225hp.

Good luck in the future.

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by MACK CHASER View Post
    Hi Phil just letting you know this isn't a Origin boat it's a Noble boat sorry to hear about your dramas Trev hope all works out for you.
    Oops ... my mistake. I meant to say Noble Boats. Thanks for the correction. I've amended my post.

Quote Originally Posted by paul251 View Post
    Was thinking the same, obviously NOBLE are not honouring at this stage, but how long was the warranty for?
    3 years structural warranty

1 year paint warranty

Oh yes I see you got it there too
    Cheers

Trev