Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Hi Trevally ,
    Sorry to read about your dramas , I know how you feel , I bought the green noble from Ingham that was advertised for ages 18 months ago. Jason was difficult to deal with when i had dramas with my paint job , even though we reached an agreement I was still left with a sour taste in my mouth . I have since resprayed the entire boat . Their is a couple of unhappy noble customers on fishwrecked.com (already mentioned) that were talking about putting their boats and their problems on you tube , maybe you could contact them and we could all make up a nice clip of our problems to show the world?? Ive have some nasty photos of my old paint job and now some cracked hand rails and foot rests that I could add that I too will just fix myself. At least your back on the water . Cheers Undsize.

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Trevaly,have you thought about going to the media,like 60 minutes or equivelent, with these scumbags.The media seems to be able to find and shame these mongrels into doing the right thing by their customers.

Does "not good enough" still exist and was it effective? There was another organisation as well that was doing similar.

Anything to get the word out if they continue to ignore you. They will learn - probably the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by undasize View Post
    Hi Trevally ,
    Sorry to read about your dramas , I know how you feel , I bought the green noble from Ingham that was advertised for ages 18 months ago. Jason was difficult to deal with when i had dramas with my paint job , even though we reached an agreement I was still left with a sour taste in my mouth . I have since resprayed the entire boat . Their is a couple of unhappy noble customers on fishwrecked.com (already mentioned) that were talking about putting their boats and their problems on you tube , maybe you could contact them and we could all make up a nice clip of our problems to show the world?? Ive have some nasty photos of my old paint job and now some cracked hand rails and foot rests that I could add that I too will just fix myself. At least your back on the water . Cheers Undsize.
    Hi Undasize - I know the boat - i have had a good look over it and nearly upsized to it when Jono told me he had another guy who wanted to buy my boat prior to me going up to collect it.

I even thought of a name for it as my missus would not have been pleased with me getting a bigger boat "Jaded El" - it certainly was a classic colour - what colour did you respray?

When i looked inside the boat it was nearly as green with mould on the carpet as the paintwork colour - they sure knew how to market a product

No doubt once i get over all this and things settle and opportunity arises I will get mine resprayed too.

Good luck with it - I assume you have had a look in the transom of your boat after reading this thread?

Can you please just confirm that the stiffeners in your boat are the same as the photos I have posted on page 12 post 176 - thanks.
    Cheers

Trev

Customer protection is next to non existant in this country. Maybe noble could use the slogan "Piss poor thats for sure".

http://fishnet.com.au/forums/viewtop...ighlight=noble check this out... Looks like ur not the 1st poor bugger to cop this shit off these pricks!

Looks like its a bit more than a case of one that slipped through the QA process, this is very very poor on Nobles behalf. I would congratulate you though Trevelly on the way you have conducted yourself during what would be heart breaking at best and simply devastating to most if they were in the same position. Hope all goes well for you and also your family in the future.

Cheers
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

Hi Trevelly

Rather than a re-spray why not go the vinyl wrap? alot cheaper and wears just as well

Ben

Maybe the wrap could say "Noble, Dont ever buy one"

IG-NOBLE?

ig·no·ble
    Adjective:
    Not honorable in character or purpose.

Good to see you're back on the water
    This thread will spread like wild fire and Noble won't sell too many boats from here I'd wager

My only concern with your repair is the weld across the floor at the base of the transom stiffener
    If the floor can't flex here then all is good, otherwise I'd remove that weld so as not to create a point which will crack
    With the addition of the missing gusset it's not required and could do more harm than good

Oh by the way
    Any claims about all welds being x-rayed are 100% bullshit
    As anyone in the pressure vessel or pipeline welding game knows the cost and logistics of doing this are astronomical
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Left a msg for guesty on et's Facebook.. Maybe he can help.. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0965965&type=1

Trev,
    Only just read this thread tonight and I am glad you at least have the boat back on the water. I think you have handled this whole mess with complete propriety and I do hope that eventually you willl get to trust your boat again.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Trev, Just had a thought about getting a plumber with a pipe inspection cam to see what he can find to save you tearing lots of your boat apart.
    I would be pretty confident that there would be one or two plumbers on this forum with an inspection cam.
    At the very least it will let you see the weld quality in other areas.
    Jack, Aldi have one for sale at the moment for just under a $100 but i think that the cable is only about 1 m long. My mate says it gives a surprisinly good picture.

Evening,
    I never believe boat reviews written by any of these magazine writer's to often I have read bullshit like this " well it was a perfect day for a boat test unfortunately the water was dead calm so we couldn't really test the handling qualities of this magnificent craft. Luckily a ferry was going past us and we were able to put the boat through it's paces by jumping and running it through the ferries wash a couple of times and I would have to say it passed that test with flying colours and would have no hesitation in taking this boat off shore " What a load of bullshit. As an old mate of mine used to say never do buisness with someone unless you are able to grab them by the throat if you have to so as to put thing's right
    Gary

Much the same as the photos taken durring the boat tests, taken in ultra smooth water. I dont know what these d!ckheads are thinking but putting up photos of smooth water shots and video shows absolutly zero. I want to see the boat going throuh chop, smashing through waves and getting airborn. If I want a boat that goes well in smooth water I will buy a canoe.

A couple of other things worth mentioning with the boat that I found surprising when I first got the boat.

The boat had two holes at the rear that theoretically allowed the water to drain out of the boat - the one that allowed the battery compartment to drain out the back and over the duckboard was constantly under water as such the water drained into the battery compartment and into the sub-floor via the electrical opening where it was then being pumped out every couple of minutes by the bilge - I remedied these two drains that were filling the boat by putting in bungs - not a big deal but a silly thing in the design.

The second item was more of a concern.
    Cheers

Trev