Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Greg you need to read the site - I have it attached for your enlightenment:-

siteblurb.JPG
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Greg you need to read the site - I have it attached for your enlightenment:-

siteblurb.JPG
    Well thats a croc of shit!

I've heard of telling porkies, but actually writing them....

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Come on guys it has to be true - it is written!

And the warranty - no I won't go there
    Cheers

Trev

If you do hear from them it will be the Craig Thompson defence... it was built by someone else,
    Tangles KFC

Trev - yeah i read that - matches their warranty commitment I suppose. Such a shame to see what has happened to one of the Icon Aussie Plate boats. The Super Vees were ahead of their time when they came out. I had my first platey built in 2001 by Pacific Sportfish and the hotworks were done right along side one of the early prototypes. Cant remember the guy down there who was the Foreman at Clontarf - Wayne Cameron?? but he certainly put out some quality hulls. Maybe things might have been different if Yamba had of picked up all the IP instead of the mess between them and Noble after Pacific folded.

I hope you get it all fixed mate as it is a big investment although I know it is not your main priority at the moment with the young man on the mend. Your more than welcome out with me while the rig is being repaired.

I still remember years ago seeing Ben Noble explaining the hull to some people interested at one of the Brisbane boat shows and with great interest I watched and listened then heard the price $90-95K and thought shoot that is about $20K more than my gross annual income at the time - oh well.

I will say though that the visible welds along the keel are great and the long seem welds within the hull that I could see were fine.

In relation to the welds in the transom securing the outboard, simply put, I have welds missing and stiffeners missing.

The vertical welds holding the channels in place for support of the motor do only need to be stitch welded along the length but secured well at the bottom of the boat to prevent rotation and hinging at the duckboard level.

I will get stiffeners added and the vertical stitch welding done properly once the top is openned up.

I admit I am surprised the hull held together for the 240 hours I have had it as it has all been offshore driving and in some very big seas. I have been offshore in 30 knots winds over 80km out and felt safe - such is the handling of the hull. Had I know how tenuously attached the motor has been Well as I said at the beginning of this thread I was most concerned that I had my family onboard when the crap tack weld had finally let go and the motor support was swinging - that's just plain negligent and dangerous!

Soon the transom will be stronger than ever.

Do I have doubts about the rest of the hull? Well the visible welds are fine so what is under the bog at the rail - that i will see in time to come as i have noticed the paint blistered all along this so one day it will be stripped and repainted.

So yes once i have finished building and strengthening the transom and stripping back and repainting the hull I will be fine with it.

I do inspect the hull underneath each time it gets thoroughly washed down after each trip and as the bottom of the boat is raw aluminium and the part that takes most of the thumping I will know soon enough if this needs any work.
    Cheers

Trev

Well the owner must have low standards if thats how he would build one for himself. You can say pretty much anything when it comes to advertising or "Spin". Some of it not legal under the TPA but they get away with it because most dont know any diffrent. I think if you chalenged them to show proof of the hulls being X rayed they wouldnt be able to. The bigger the claims the less I wont to buy it. If you have to do the hard sell on anything then that rings alarm bells with me. As with any good product, it should sell its self. Yep, we now live in a world that has less morals than craig thomson, less scrooples than Peter slipper.

Well done Trev, sounds like you are well on the way to having the whole boat truly sorted!

new buisness venture marty ill work for ya however my welds will most likely look like the chinese haha

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    this is very old news that was released when they changed hands....

I would love to see this design come back here and be re released in its former glory should they decided to fold

glad to hear your back on the water mate! and regardless of what everyone said you went about it in your own way.

Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    glad to hear your back on the water mate! and regardless of what everyone said you went about it in your own way.
    Thanks mate - yes I am back on the water and that was a welcome achievement and one good reason alone not to go through the legal process to only have made the small marine family business accountable that I bought the boat from and not NBI - I see he would be only pleased about that outcome too as they no longer sell his boats.

I am still not finished both with the boat and with NBI

Does anyone know if there is some sort of safety authority NBI can be reported too? Aviation has one - can't find one for boats? I did look into the recall option but really it is more about mass products however some boats were recalled once when they represented a fire risk.

In line with education of suppliers I think it fair to email this thread and post it to their retail outlets so they know they will be responsible for warranty not Noble based upon their record here.

I don't doubt Jason Lee is lurking in this thread and will reassure the suppliers he is happy with, that he will be good for them - he has a knack of looking after those that he favours and simply sees ongoing profit either monetary or promotional.

I will also be sending my findings to all relevant boating mag editors to check this thread.

Welcome from you guys any other ideas and yes I know where he lives ($1.7mill shack on Sydney North Shore) but will not be tempted to do anything illegal - I will leave the immoral activities to him - I can hardly shame him if I become like him.

Oh and I was recommended it a good idea to post a utube video - I do like that idea
    Cheers

Trev

im preety sure there is no boat authority but fair trading act should cover you as the product was not fit for purpose and they would have to cover the costs the issue is mostly all the red tape kills ya so its easier to get on with your life these sort of things suck .the dealer should have sorted you out its amazing how they just wash their hands surely they should be able to contact the maker at the very least ,i guess you had to repaint as well ,good luck but im guessing check under the floor etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by surveyor View Post
    im preety sure there is no boat authority but fair trading act should cover you as the product was not fit for purpose and they would have to cover the costs the issue is mostly all the red tape kills ya so its easier to get on with your life these sort of things suck .the dealer should have sorted you out its amazing how they just wash their hands surely they should be able to contact the maker at the very least ,i guess you had to repaint as well ,good luck but im guessing check under the floor etc etc
    The retailer no longer sells Noble Boats - and NBI do not answer their emails, calls etc.

Yes you are right I had a look at the site that deals with products and complaints and it looks like a red tape spider web - job for the govt to keep themselves busy not efficient or particularly effective - pass!

I did think of putting banners and signs all over the boat and towing it past the boat show crowd at beginning of each day

A young guy I know at work who is on a custom car forum and they have a way of dealing with people like Jason Lee and it is quite effective. What they would do is take an old used gearbox and place it in the middle of their driveway and take a photograph and post it on the forum - sounds priceless really. One guy on GC had a forum member sneak along to his town-house ninja style carrying a gearbox then after placing it he then went back far enough to take the photograph and I am told the pic shows the gearbox and bozzo up on his balcony having a barbecue with guests.
    Cheers

Trev

Trevaly,have you thought about going to the media,like 60 minutes or equivelent, with these scumbags.The media seems to be able to find and shame these mongrels into doing the right thing by their customers.