Thread: My Mad Monday

My Mad Monday

Hi All
    Just want to tell a story about my Monday.It started when I planned to rise about 4am,woke to see it was 3.45,close enough I thought so up I get,make breaky and then realised it was actually only 2.45 ....never mind no hurry now so watch an episode of ifish then headed off to hook up the boat and off i go.Get to the ramp with no one in front of me so slip the boat in,lock up the car and jump in the boat,hit the key,motor turns over but no go,try again but still no go...decide to let it sit for a few minutes then try again still wont fire, thought about heading back to bed but decided to let it sit for another 5mins and it finally fired up and off I went.It was then I realised I had lost my gps,and the sonar screen was just bright yellow what the ...bugger im here know im going fishing....did i mention I just purchased this sounder/combo 2nd hand......anyhow I was off and out of the harbour and head off to curra's and despite the hold up it was still pitch black,perfect,gotta be a snapper i thought.Well after half an hour of nothing I made the move further south to my old fav spot,just as the sun was coming up,sure bet for a fish here another hour of flicking softies and nothing,not a nibble so move #3 and head out a bit wider,plenty of boats,I did mark some fish [the sounder was sort of working] so flogged it to death with still not a nibble,not even the pickers were playing the game,move around,nothing so went back to see if the earlier shows were still there and wack,finally a fish and a few minutes later had a nice grassie about 50cm to the boat,thats when i noticed I forgot my landing net Not what I was after but better than nothing,grab the leader and lift him in ,I decided to drop him in the livie tank,bleed him and ice down later,cast out again and bang,straight on again,nice grassie the same size to the side of the boat,grab the leader and pulled the hook straight out of his gob,yep,good fishing Gav I thought ....put on another gulp,cast out and on again,another nice grassie about the same as before,I carefully grabed my gaff ,and gently lipped him and in the boat,you beauty I thought so I opened the livie tank and dropped him in,well that must of frightened the bejesus out of fish #1 because as soon as fish #2 went in,fish#1 come out twice as quick,straight over the transom and shot off quicker than a bull at a gate well im sure I picked my bottom lip up on the sounder screen .........anyway over that hour or so from 10-11, I landed another grassie {4 all up} atleast 6 just undersize squire,2 cod about 40-50 and a couple of other bits and pieces,this coincided with the turn of the tide im sure,then it turned off again.I decided to call it a day and headed home,just about there and the fisheries pull me over,no prob's I thought,wish there were more of these guy's,Im fully legal,always do the right thing,then a horrible thought hit me.On the way back I decided to clean my 2 grassies I kept for tea,filleted and skinned ooops.When they pulled along side,check safety gear etc. They asked to see my catch and I owed up immediately,it was then I reckonised one of the officers,a young bloke I new years ago and after a hand shake we had a good chin wag before he gave me a verbal slap on the wrist,told me I should know better,and he was right of course, we bid farewell.......anyway I did manage to get back to the ramp unscathed,loaded up and off home pondering my day,what a strange day it was.Thats my story,cheers.
    Gav,

Re: My Mad Monday

Bluddy hell Gav, when one jumps out of the live well you know it is one of "those" days, still glad you ended up with a feed!

Tim and Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Bluddy hell Gav, when one jumps out of the live well you know it is one of "those" days, still glad you ended up with a feed!

Tim and Trace
    Hi Guys
    Yes it was a funny old day,just gotta laugh.
    Gav.

Sounds like one of those days mate !!
    Atleast you made it to the ramp in once piece I guess :S

Quote Originally Posted by Todddo View Post
    Sounds like one of those days mate !!
    Atleast you made it to the ramp in once piece I guess :S
    G'day todddo,just mate.Got a feed atleast too,so not all bad.
    Cheers,Gav.