Thread: Squidgy Mongrels

Squidgy Mongrels

Although these soft plastic lures have been designed primarily for targetting Barra I was wondering if anyone has used them to catch Flathead.

The 90mm verion in Boof Mullet and Australian Herring look like they might decieve a Flathead.

Re: Squidgy Mongrels

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson 53 View Post
    Although these soft plastic lures have been designed primarily for targetting Barra I was wondering if anyone has used them to catch Flathead.

The 90mm verion in Boof Mullet and Australian Herring look like they might decieve a Flathead.
    Mate flatty's aren't the brightest when it comes to the lures andything with a nice action on the tail seems to nail them at all sizes. Always worth a shot trying the new plastics just depends how much you want to spend. Have a look at the Z-man Curly Tailz, killer for most fish.
    cheers - Mossy

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Mate flatty's aren't the brightest when it comes to the lures andything with a nice action on the tail seems to nail them at all sizes. Always worth a shot trying the new plastics just depends how much you want to spend. Have a look at the Z-man Curly Tailz, killer for most fish.
    cheers - Mossy
    Thanks Mossy - I'll give the 4" Z Man Streakz Curly Tailz a try -Natural or Motor Oil look to be colours that might work. I Just watched a video with Dizzy Borg catching Bream and they look good.

Regards, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson 53 View Post
    Thanks Mossy - I'll give the 4" Z Man Streakz Curly Tailz a try -Natural or Motor Oil look to be colours that might work. I Just watched a video with Dizzy Borg catching Bream and they look good.

Regards, Peter
    Yep those one's Dizzy uses are killer on the bream, with the curly tailz I love pink, new penny, natural and motor oil, all work really well. Don't forget to put a drop of superglue on the jighead to stop them slipping down and you'll fish the one plastic for ages, unlike the gulps and squidgies. be careful not to use too much super glue as it can melt the plastic, a pin head drop is enough. If you can get your hands on loctite 406 now that stuff is the best, doesn't melt the plastics and lasts forever "just keep it in the fridge". tight lines - Mossy

The nuclear chicken colour in the Zmans having been working well for me in the Pin area for Flatties

Thanks I'll give them a try this weekend