Thread: Fish around Dysart

Fish around Dysart

Hi all

I am currently staying at Dysart mac camp for work, does anyone one of any good fishing spots close by that I could slip down for a fish after shift? I have a few yabbie pots and would like to chase some sooty maybe some toga.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
    Bagsomegame

Re: Fish around Dysart

Bit thin on the ground fishing spots there!
    Closest stocked waterway I know would be the Bedford Weir on the Mackenzie river north of Blackwater. Still a fair run for you..Barra and toga.

How about Theresa Creek Dam near Clermont? I haven't been there yet but I'm very keen to check it out.
    What would Steve do?

fortes fortuna adjuvat

mate most guys go in to kitchnat dam...1 1/2 hours in to makay ...there is the dam in near grass tree mine not sure if theres is much in it... if you go past grasstree and follow the back road its only an hour to bedford weir at blackwater...
    there are a few private dams around the area....just ask around camp ....the farmers are pretty cool as long as you ask...
    Been in dysart for 2 years and never get time to get out much... id rather get home and put the boat in the water ...

Going for a fish along carfax rd tonight, will post results.

Regards
    Bagsomegame

yeah spose to be a little dam out that way..not sure if there are any fish though...
    Off to townsville for a week on tuesday then back to dysart for a couple ...boats going in the water this weekend rain hail or shine ...

Denison Creek east of Nebo - Saratoga.

No fish, good haul of yabbies from the pots. Wags I fished denison ck on the way out to camp the other day, didn't catch any toga but a few little sooties and some large spangled perch.

Regards
    Bagsomegame

Also Wags, did you ever work on a Bucyrus dragline build at Peak Downs, just looking at some of your photos, sure I have seen you around.

Regards
    Bagsomegame

DRE 42 yep been there a while - 12 months - but I don't remember a Mr Bagsomegame.

Might see you guys out that way. Heading to Dysart Monday be there till Friday for work purposes.

Mike

I was the lube boys TA, guy with all the piercings.

Mike I head back for days off on Monday arv.

Regards
    Bagsomegame

Way old thread this one but seeing as I'm based in Dysart for my working week now I thought I'd revive it. The dam near Grasstree mine is only a half hour run from here and I know has Saratoga, I've seen a couple big ones but only managed to snag one little one. I think they stock that dam with Yellowbelly too, but not certain of that.

Bingegang weir is an hour and a bit South on the Beef Road, the little waterhole there holds Togas, Yellowbelly, Barra, Longtoms, Catfish, Jade Perch and Sleepy Cod that I know of. The only one I'm left to land is a Long Tom.

Be good if there was a waterhole close to town for a little PJ day fishing.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Anything like the nogoa you won’t get past the catties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

I haven't fished the Nogoa but can't imagine it would be much different to the McKenzie. There's fish about if you put in the time. And yeah, there's the odd powertail as well.