Thread: Salmon fishing, NSW

Salmon fishing, NSW

G'day fellas, a few months ago I through out a few questions about chasing Salmon on your north coast beaches. Some of you boys were very helpful, thanks.

Looks like there will be 4 of us plus the Girls and will be based at Evans Head, last couple of weeks of May.

Do you think the Salmon would have arrived late May?

I think I read somewhere about an Evans Head Classic. When would that be on.

I should ask if there is a big shopping centre we can drop the girls at also, you would understand the importance of that, hey.

Regards Gordon

Re: Salmon fishing, NSW

G'day Gordie,
    Should be no problem catching salmon here late May. Feel free to take as many as you want!
    The Evans Head Classic is on from 6th to 13th July. Google it - they have their own website.
    As for the shops - the girls should jump in the car and go to Ballina Fair (about 20 mins or so from Evans) and Lismore has a larger one it's about 25-30 mins from Evans (go through Wyrallah). There is certainly no Myer that's for sure! Plenty of coffee shops so i'm sure they will be entertained.
    Hope that helps!

Hi mate, god i hope theyre not here but I fear its a forgone conclusion. There were 2 caught on Sth wall Ballina about a week ago so the main mob wont be far away. As for shops Braders got it covered! Let me know if you need some help when your down

Thanks for that fellas we will try to make a hole in them. From what I understand they hit the gutters and keep the Tailor out, which you would prefer to catch, bloody annoying.

I won't upset you people by asking how you prepare them for eating bit we will bring the Smoker and have a play.

Regards Gordon

I smoked some Salmon on Monday night, they come out a treat, just be sure to do them when nice and fresh, skin them and cut out any blood meat.

Wooo Hooo,

Bring it on, I'll be making tracks to get a feed of tailor and Salmon. Evening still the best time ?

Long way to drive from Eagleby Qld just for donuts.

I'll be waiting for those JACKETS , I hope Muzz will have time off and that bloody Ballina Bar behave for a change without big seas or swells.

Bondy

hey dont mean to hijack ur thread op but Im heDing down to cabarita for the weekend and wouldmlove to hook a samon can you guys give me any tips ie decent spots baits lures etc? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by simonthomasgoodwin View Post
    hey dont mean to hijack ur thread op but Im heDing down to cabarita for the weekend and wouldmlove to hook a samon can you guys give me any tips ie decent spots baits lures etc? cheers
    Use same bait as targetting Tailor. 4x4/0 hooks, slider lures, use whole pillies or strip bonito

Bondy