View Poll Results: Have you made contact ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, awaiting response

3 16.67%
  • Yes, had meeting

4 22.22%
  • No, want others to do it for me

2 11.11%
  • No, will do though

6 33.33%
  • No, not interested in helping spend the $'s

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has made the appointment ?

Re: Who has made the appointment ?

I have a friend in Fisheries who hes just been told he'll be finishing up at the end of June, my sister and 3 others working at the RBH typing up Doctors reports are being let go soon as well now doctors will have to do their own, = less time to treat patients.

So i take it Mike it was not by attrition then.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    why have public servants been sacked when CanDo said they would only reduce the public service by natural attrition...you could start asking your Member that question, as some of those sacked may be from fisheries.
    I would first ask the question of whether this was trimming the fat from the govt payroll then ask about thier definition of "natural attrition" is exactly.
    I think the Bligh govt did have too many beaurocrats and not enough hands on people to effectively do the work.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I would first ask the question of whether this was trimming the fat from the govt payroll then ask about thier definition of "natural attrition" is exactly.
    I think the Bligh govt did have too many beaurocrats and not enough hands on people to effectively do the work.

So far it's the hands on people that arn't having their contracts renewed, all the bureaucrats being paid out or not having their contracts renewed are being replaced by new bureaucrats.

Only ten people showing any interest in moving the debate forward with the government.
    OoooH Well,,,,!

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    Only ten people showing any interest in moving the debate forward with the government.
    OoooH Well,,,,!
    Don't worry Rando. Sunfish are doing it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Macks forever View Post
    haha classic..Sunfish speak only for their members..no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by Macks forever View Post
    Shouldn't that be in the joke section??

I had an half an hour with Tim Nicholls today.We spoke about where the fisheries portfolio was held, I told him I wanted to see it in tourism because it would be ignored where it was.He said it would not be moving in the forseeable future.
    I spoke about green zones and access, He denied any commitment had been given on the "one line one hook".
    I spoke about marine restocking and how it could and should be implemented.
    We spoke about rec fishing licences and if they are on the agenda.,,,No.
    I spoke about funding for VMR/Coastguard.....No commitment.
    Touched on artificial reefs, Infrastructure, he was giving me stats on revenue versus expenditure ( $25 million more investment than revenue)in the recreational fishing arena.
    I spoke about the lack of policing of existing regulations and compared it to my experiences in NSW.
    I left telling him I wanted to see the fishery "managed up" rather than managed down as has been happening.

cheers
    Rando

Thanks Rob,

He didn't seem to interested ?

That is not the issue, the fact that you have made the appointment, seen him and relayed your concerns is good enough.

The Revenue stats are concerning..... I'll look deeper into that.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    haha classic..Sunfish speak only for their members..no one else.
    Actually Pinhead, from what I have just read, they are not even doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Rob,

He didn't seem to interested ?

That is not the issue, the fact that you have made the appointment, seen him and relayed your concerns is good enough.

The Revenue stats are concerning..... I'll look deeper into that.

cheers Phill
    No Phill that was not my impression , he was interested, I perhaps ,was not as well prepared with my arguments across a range of subjects as i was with my pet area of concern,,, namely marine restocking.
    Two areas of concern that I did not handle well,,,, He believes the green zones are working and i did not challenge the basis on which he believes that.
    And he believes we( rec fishers) are well represented on the lobby front ,,, I did not explore that and should have.
    I did not make my argument on the monetary value of rec fishing well,,, A hard ask when talking to the state treasurer to go head to head on figures.
    There was a lot I wanted to say and only half an hour to do it,,, but he was somewhat in touch with most of the stuff we covered so I feel that we are on the radar

Thumbs down Re: Who has made the appointment ?

Hey Mark MP , Phill & Timiboy......

From what Randos honest observations indicate 2 me.... ...I must say...

Thank you Mark MP/Newman for NOT releasing a "Fishing Policy" that "THE GREENS" were going to supposedly....................T-E-A-R....A-P-A-R-T
    IF U believe the Phills/Timis of this sites' ...inside info ???

What is the WTF/FKN Diff' now that the LNP are supporting the alp/GREENS boundaries & policies

OK, firstly Gazza... can you repeat that in English ?

Secondly, of course Nicholls supports Green Zones and so does every rec fisho.......... don;t they ???

The placement and reasoning behind a Green Zone IS the issue, not the zones themselves. And of course Nicholls says Green zones are working, because the only documentation he currently has is from Susan Spillans, remember this genius who said ": there are more mud crabs in the green zones than out side them " only her data was to survey inside a green zone once declared, and then survey it a year down the track... AND NOT doing any surveys outside the green zones. Pure genius.

Don't worry about the figures Rob, Once the real figures are placed in front of the States Treasurer, I am sure he will be enlightened.

Sure, we ( rec fishos ) may be well represented on the LOBBY front, but that is no good to those that actually want to see something happen, but rememebr, it is all about politics and therefore the LOBBY groups ( AFTA etc ) will be doing thier best to sway the powers that be, because it is in their " best business " interests.

I am having a meeting with the Minister ( John McVeigh and John Grant, my local MP ) next week, just have to settle on day,, should know tomorrow.

Is there anything in english you'd like me to ask him Gazza ?

cheers from Australia where our first language is English.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thumbs up Re: Who has made the appointment ?

Comprehension of the english language isn't one of your strong points Phill

- Can we fish C&R only in NFZ(s) , i.e. NO fish onboard if inspected.
    - Can we get the 5 snapper reinstated
    - Can we get a "saving/freeze" on boat/trailer rego for 5 yrs.

Report back when able , and sincere good luck , Lucky_Phill