Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prawns at Nudgee

Re: Prawns at Nudgee

got these today in the powerlines area. Was thick with 'em for a short period of time, even with our casting. must say pero's net outdid the surecatch jobby by a country mile. 6kg in total which still isn't the bag limit for us but plenty more than happy. prawns for mother's day means happy mother
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prawnies.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	79960  

phantomphisher

Very happy for you, you done well. I'll second that about Pero's nets, all the other nets are crap in comparison. I've purchased nets from BCF and other places having Surecatch and yeah they are cheap but very crappy, pay cheap and you get poor quality. After purchasing a net from Pero , wow, what a difference. Worth paying more for it. I'll never buy another surecatch or BCF net again.

Thats my experience and my view, others may feel different.

Bondy

Hey well done, Phantom. Good to see you were able to get amongst them at the powerlines yesterday.My source tells me they were gone this morning. I reckon there must have been a few blokes disappointed. I was busy looking after mother, today.
    How did they taste? Mine were - "sweet as" to quote a kiwi phrase.

Pero,

Happy Mother's day to your Mum

Bondy

Hey we are getting off topic here. Bondy. Get back to the finer points on Bag limits.

I will take fresh banana prawns over the supposedly premium king prawns any day. Although all prawns taste nice, they are some of the better ones to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomphisher View Post
    I will take fresh banana prawns over the supposedly premium king prawns any day. Although all prawns taste nice, they are some of the better ones to be had.
    they always taste better because you had a plan to getem, executed the plan, and worked for em, can,t beat the hunter,gather in all of us, plus you get to meet attractive people ( pero, netmaker) sorry make that unatractive, myself included , ha ha , sorry pero,i think i,m off topic..... well done phantomphisher, enjoy , cheers, roy

some of you blokes must have arms like popeye throwing them big nets around every day. I have one good 12ft prawn net and one cheapo bcf style 10ft. I take them both, use the good one out in the channel or sand n throw the other one into rocks n snaggy areas. I find the prawns at DWB like to get in amongst the rocks.

Deano

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    some of you blokes must have arms like popeye throwing them big nets around every day. I have one good 12ft prawn net and one cheapo bcf style 10ft. I take them both, use the good one out in the channel or sand n throw the other one into rocks n snaggy areas. I find the prawns at DWB like to get in amongst the rocks.

Deano
    hey deano, being a massively huge ,muscled up dude ( nottt) i used to have a problem with a heavy net, but Pero,s mate kevvie showed me another technique and now i feel i could use a net a bit heavier than those i use now, you just have to find a technique that feels right to you, cheers roy
    Ps i also know where the rocks are at DWB

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Hey we are getting off topic here. Bondy. Get back to the finer points on Bag limits.
    do not encourage him

Here are the finer points.

You can have them, skwewed, BBq'd, boiled, stir-fried, marinated, curried, tempura, coconutted, smoked, raw for some, sushi, I like mine any ol how, and that any ol how is with nice cold beer, just like I'm having now.

Bondy

I have no probs throwing a net around for hours on end. Im just jealous i dont have the time to get out and get myself a few prawns. Would be nice if some of you nice gents would stop over one day and deliver me a kg or 10. Come on u know you can spare it.

Kingcray, make an effort and make time.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    I have no probs throwing a net around for hours on end. Im just jealous i dont have the time to get out and get myself a few prawns. Would be nice if some of you nice gents would stop over one day and deliver me a kg or 10. Come on u know you can spare it.
    Hey Kingcray, Bondy is always looking for a Crew Member to take out on his boat. He will pass on his vast knowledge in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by ross_woody View Post
    Hey Kingcray, Bondy is always looking for a Crew Member to take out on his boat. He will pass on his vast knowledge in no time.
    Yea mate i have the tools to get out on the water. Its just my hours and 2 young boys restrict me.
    Anyway, there is no skill or knowledge needed in catching prawns