Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Prawns at Nudgee

Re: Prawns at Nudgee

Your right ,Cray. They slayed them Wednesday at Jacksons. I was there with 40 other boats yesterday for a kilo and a half. Went back today, half a dozen boats and just 8 prawns. I did a bit of scouting too. Don't bother on the southside tomorrow. Thats my opinion. I'm heading to Nudgee for a look. Might see you there. Bondy's gone quiet. Where's he hiding?

He, he, he,.
    How did they do that, freeedom? They were on the Southside too! There a dozen over here, How many on your side yesterday?

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    Your right ,Cray. They slayed them Wednesday at Jacksons. I was there with 40 other boats yesterday for a kilo and a half. Went back today, half a dozen boats and just 8 prawns. I did a bit of scouting too. Don't bother on the southside tomorrow. Thats my opinion. I'm heading to Nudgee for a look. Might see you there. Bondy's gone quiet. Where's he hiding?
    Don't waste your time. see my previous post. Even the trawlers had no fresh banana prawns to sell this morning.
    Cheers
    Barry

I think the majority of them are in Pero's 5000ltr prawn freezer. the other 12 or so left in the bay are off woody point somewhere..

I don't have a freezer. But I've got a 5,000 litre gut!

Will let you know how I go tomorrow.

i had a look around redcliffe area 2day ,no good .i think they hav gone away 4the long weekend ..

He, he, he,.
    How did they do that, freeedom? They were on the Southside too! There a dozen over here, How many on your side yesterday?
    Only about half a dozen Pero, and they were charging all over the place looking at any boat that stopped. One boat would throw this enormous net (it can't have been legal), get nothing, then off they'd go again at top speed.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Your right there Freeedom. If you have a gps sounder, you need to play cat and mouse.

Big call Dayoo! But if your incorrect any prawner going out , may clean up!

I fished Scarby today from 5am to 10am and did not sight one single prawn.
    I did however hear of a guy catching a few outside of the Caboolture River yesterday morning early.
    Jack.

how was nudgee 2day,anybody do any good.only looked like 4 or 5 boats out about 10.

Did you get out? Buzzin. There were about 4 or 5 boats. By 10.30 there were 2.

Did you get out? Buzzin. There were about 4 or 5 boats. By 10.30 there were 2.
    not 2day pero.hope 2 get out there soon

What's up lads, apart from the sky.

Powerlines fired up again today, such a bright day too, had to wear these against raincoats

Bondy