Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do about Scott Kirchner

What would you do about Scott Kirchner

Hi
    I will try and be as brief as possible'I purchased a sounder from an Ausfish member on 14/3/2012,paid funds into the persons bank account as requested and advised that unit was in the post.
    Approx. 12 days later when unit had not been received I contacted the seller who provided a tracking no.When accessed via AUSPOST was advised"no event found"
    One week later seller advised a claim for insurance had been made,then failed to repond to my emails for a week.
    On 11/4/2012 I was advised that the money would be refunded into my bank account.
    Despite a lot of promises since then I still have not received the promised refund.Over the past week the seller has ignored my emails and I must say that I am very frustrated.
    What do I do next,come forward with his name or persist and hope that his conscience might get the better of him .
    Advise would be appreciated,

Hinchy
    Last edited by Ausfish; 03-05-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Re: What would you do?

Name and shame

contact Ausfish via PM...if it was on the classified section. he may be able to have a word to said member but other than that..not sure what you can do.

Mate I am quite sure that after 6 weeks the person has no conscience. it sure is a shame when our fellow man has to rip each other off hey. But as my wife always says to me karma is a bitch and I have been told that karma has a sister also and she is a bitch as well, what goes around comes around guys.

Ausfish should be able to help with this. If Ausfish's owner can get no joy from talking to the member, then I would ask for the said member's IP and ID him that way and that gives you access to suing a real person as opposed to an avatar.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Hi

I thank those that have responded and I will email the site owner and ask that he attempt to get some action before I name and shame the guy.
    The unit was advertised through the classified section and I did think that I would not have been involved in this sort of episode with a fellow Ausfish member.
    Thank you all again,I will keep you advised as to how I go..
    Kind Regards Hinchy

Get onto this straight away. A few of us, mysdelf included were defrauded to the tune of several thou by a seller on Ausfish about 10-12 years ago selling TLD reels and other things. A fellow from Hervey Bay. No fault of Ausfish I must say as the seller had also defrauded many other people on other internet sites and probably in other ways also. Law eventually caught up with him and I got most of my money back.

Name and shame the seller. Once rectified, you can ask Mr Ausfish to remove the post. If no action in another week, go to the police. Don't stuff around and stop them doing it to other people.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 28-04-2012 at 07:15 PM. Reason: mum told me

If he has any current adds then act quickly by contacting Ausfish.

But you probably would already have thought about that. Sorry to state the obvious. Good luck with it.

Hi

Thanks again for the comment and advise.I have contacted the owner of Ausfish and he has responded and we are endeavouring to work our way through this to recover my money.
    I am trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt as he is a young guy and may be having some issues at the moment.It is frustrating that he will not reply to my emails as it is possible that we may be able to salvage the situation without further embarrasment.
    I do believe that his intent was well founded and he did have a unit to sell,however it has gone pearshaped and he is not showing any character by not responding.

Kind Regards hinchy

Hinchy

You have handled this matter really well so far and I commend you for it.

Well done to Steve Brown for helping out in this situation as well.

Steve

Its a pity that some abuse the trust we place in others in what i guess is a fishing enthusiast community, ive sold a few Hydrofoils etc on here that i pick up cheaper from a mate in the US, ive posted a couple before payment was through so the guys could have them quicker, never once ever doubted payment was on the way. I commend you on your patience and i guess the belief that circumstances may have thrown a spanner into the process but i think enough time has passed for you to pursue other means, good luck with a good resolution and a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by hinchy View Post
    I am trying to give the seller the benefit of the doubt as he is a young guy and may be having some issues at the moment....
    Good on you Hinchy for not burning him as many would.

If its a young bloke then all sorts of things could be in play here....

Everything from 'mates dropped in and we took off on a road trip' to 'my comms are all down because I didn't pay the bills'. Young folk aren't quite as reliable as us more mature folk.

I hope it's just a comms and reliability failure and it all comes good for you.

Of course if it turns out he is a deliberate scumbag then I hope he suffers a thousand setbacks and calamities.

Hi Hinchy

It wasn't the
    Furuno FCV-620

was it?

If so we've been scammed by the same little punk. I've been going through the exact same thing with a dodgy Auspost tracking number, flaky communication and endless excuses.
    I'd been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till I read this but it sounds too similar...

Quote Originally Posted by cptkaos View Post
    Hi Hinchy

It wasn't the
    Furuno FCV-620

was it?

If so we've been scammed by the same little punk. I've been going through the exact same thing with a dodgy Auspost tracking number, flaky communication and endless excuses.
    I'd been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till I read this but it sounds too similar...

Hi
    Thank you for the comment.The situation that you describe sounds very familiar to the scenario that I am going through at the moment,a lot of promises have been made,none carried out to date.
    I will send you a PM and if it is the same person I will then name and shame him as I would not want any other Ausfish members to have to endure the same crap.

Kind regards Hinchy