Thread: New member

Hi all,
    Not really a new member. I ve been following the threads on here for a wee while. I thought to myself. I like it! I buy it! In true Abramovich style. A drop in the ocean and that is why we are all here. To discuss our drops on the oceans.
    So here's mine for you all to read. Self titled

JanJuc Salmon
    Saturday morning we packed up the kombi with everything needed for a weekend fishing trip. Warm sox, big boots, coffee pot and a heap of fishing tackle. The ride down was filled with excitement and anticipation. Thoughts and talks of what fish we'd like to beach, which would lead to day dream silent smiles. The weather got brighter the further we got out of Melbourne and we arrive to a bright but Easterly bluster. At the beginning of the high tide. After surveying the beach from the walk across the dunes we picked our spot opposite the brake the outer sand bar where the water was active and hardly no sand no weed. It was time to go back to the Kombi and arm ourselves to the teeth. Hook, line and sinker. We were itching to test out the new rods and reels. Especially after good casting lesson with JS and weeks of practice in the build up to this moment. My wife riffelling a Daiwa Surf Ballistic and Saltiga Surf 6000 for the first time and myself Ballistic Surf and a 7HT mag ST for the very first time. The first tentative casts were cautious and lobbed out in a fashion that could only be classed as line wetting, As the confidence in the new equipment grew and the instructions of JS became more clear in our heads. The casting distance and accuracy was awesome. My wife was placing her bait 50 - 70m on each cast. Bearing in mind that this her fist surf fishing day. As the sun set on the wind swept beach, we decided to call it a day and head back to the Kombi for a hot coffee, hot food and an early night. Alarm set for 5am Day two Salmon Day!

We started early. I'D swapped over the mono sea line for a 30lb Samurai braid in the 7HT ST. I was happy that I wouldn't birds nest after the casting session of the day before. Locked and loaded the Salmon rigs which I made the night before over dinner onto our casts and went Ballistic. You can't have better fun on the beach with your wife with your clothes on. Salmon biting. Reels singing and rods whipping the #8 ball past the break. By lunch we were exhausted and buzzing at the same time. Back to the Kombi for a brew (tea) snack pot and clean up the fish, tackle and then back to the city for a hot shower.

Regards,
    Marc

Blog Entries

Re: New member

Great first report Marc. Very descriptive. Felt like I was there. Top it off with pics next time perhaps???

Re: New member

Welcome to Ausfish, and thanks for the great report.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.