Thread: Stella 4000FE toss up

Stella 4000FE toss up

for a start i'd like to say hey guys, as im new to this forum.
    now i bought a Stella 400 FE a few days ago and a T-Curve T series 701 Snapper rod, now i personally i believe i went over the top on the Stella and im having thoughts on selling it and getting a sustain FG 5000, rarenium ci4 5000,Stradic ci4 4000 or Stradic FJ 5000, ..... what do reckon?

Re: Stella 4000FE toss up

Stick with the Stella. The others are fine reels and will do the job but in my opinion the Stella will out last and out perform them all.
    Regards to all Dick

Depends on your changeover. You really need Twinpower or better in the Shimano range for longevity. I just bought two 4000FJ Stradics. One is allready crunching and grinding after a big shark. I am next thinking of trying a small 4000 Saragosa. I have an 8000 Saragosa I am yet to use much. I recently blew up my first Twinpower. It was a Jap 4000PG whereas my Australian 2500 is going strong other than buying new handles for both costing $169. Yet to open up the Twinpower and see what the drama is but it crunching and grinding and it must be a main gear. I started on Saharas around the $130 mark but they don't last. Had an allright run out of Jap Biomaster 3000 but it is on it's last legs. They are not bad value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Depends on your changeover. You really need Twinpower or better in the Shimano range for longevity. I just bought two 4000FJ Stradics. One is allready crunching and grinding after a big shark. I am next thinking of trying a small 4000 Saragosa. I have an 8000 Saragosa I am yet to use much. I recently blew up my first Twinpower. It was a Jap 4000PG whereas my Australian 2500 is going strong other than buying new handles for both costing $169. Yet to open up the Twinpower and see what the drama is but it crunching and grinding and it must be a main gear. I started on Saharas around the $130 mark but they don't last. Had an allright run out of Jap Biomaster 3000 but it is on it's last legs. They are not bad value for money.
    all i plan on using it for is in and around estuaries chasing bara and jacks but i went to laguna queys chasing bara and noticed some mackrel close by near the entrance to the marina so i might have a crack at them, ive got a Daiwa Dredback matched with a tairyo nano series rod for my freshwater fishing and im planning on getting a saragosa 18000, gt special and a teraz rod to switch the sara between for the bluewater popping and bottom bashing/trolling

mate, i got a stradic 4000 if you want to do a swap. get ya out of trouble.........

i ended up returning the stella and getting a sustain, a freams 2000 and ultra-light rod as if found a great spot for whiting up here, cheers for the help anyway.