Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving back to Darwin

Moving back to Darwin

Well the missus has kicked me out so Im moving back to Darwin
    What would be the heavyset braid i can go on my spin reel 2500 Certate please .I spose ill be flicking for Barra I know the reels a bit small but thats all i have for now
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Re: Moving back to Darwin

Welcome back,trade the certate in on something more manly mate..........Saltiga 4500 will be fine.

Use a baitcaster on the barra........spin reels are for chicks!
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Thanks Dan and ok ill have to ebay the certate ,what pound braid would be the go please.
    Shut up and fish

30-50lb does me........30lb for flicking and 50lb for everything............just buy 50lb.........who cares the fish don't thats for sure.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

And is a 6 to 8 kg stick ok ,i sold my barra gear when i left darwin lol
    Shut up and fish

How much braid can you fit on one of thos baitcasters ,ive never used one .
    Shut up and fish

Gday mate the Certate could handle up to 30lb japanese PE braid and 20lb normal braid.What rod have you got ? Also line capacity would be an issue.You will get more PE braid on your spool with its finer diameter but it may not suit some of Darwin's big ooglies.Try 150 metres of Sunline super PE at around $35 a spool.

oh ok then thanks Giveitacrack i am going to get some of this gear from the states , ive read good things about it not sure of the diameter ill have a look. i have a 6to 8 kg rod that i am looking at buying cheap .Ive got a TLD25 for the big ooglies
    Thanks for your help

Jerry Brown Braid Line One 20lbx 300yds Green
    Shut up and fish

Jerry Brown Line One Spectra Braided Fishing Line- From the pioneer of spectra braided fishing line. Jerry Brown Line One Spectra is known for its high quality line.
    20lb Label Test / 27lb Actual test / .008 Dia inches / .203 Dia MM/
    same as mono dia 6lb
    Shut up and fish

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    Well the missus has kicked me out so Im moving back to Darwin
    What would be the heavyset braid i can go on my spin reel 2500 Certate please .I spose ill be flicking for Barra I know the reels a bit small but thats all i have for now
    Cheers Rob
    Sorry to hear that Rob...and sorry we won;t be catching up with you on the Clarence.

Tim and Trace

Thanks Tim and Trace ,ill be here for a week or so till i get my gear on a truck.Maybe you might head north one year.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Hi rob,20lb finns on a good qaulity 6-8kgs spin stick would get you by for awhile,but you would be better off with a 4000 size and 30lb.
    Ive caught plenty of barras on my 2500 certate.
    Cheers,Gav.

Good one Gav thanks mate ,what pound braid you run on your Certate 2500 please
    Shut up and fish

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    Good one Gav thanks mate ,what pound braid you run on your Certate 2500 please
    Hi mate,i currently run 20lb finns,but you could up to 30 if you wanted.