Thread: Happy as a pig in mud!!!!

Blog Entries

Happy as a pig in mud!!!!

Some hard work resulted in a bit of good fortune which in turn had me in a position to upgrade the Yak for the small 8ft square backed slow but steady yak to something a little more fussisticated!!! .

So budget was $1,000. Wanted something that was estuary friendly but could also see me get outside if weather permitted. Settled on the Perception Swing 400. Has after market rudder fitted. I got the yak by chance (Thanks Tunaticer and Mick, I know how hard they are hard to come by )

Also I have just purchased the Lowrance Elite 4 DSI colour FF GPS combo whatchamathingy! (All very technical you see) to attach. My, lord, how am I gonna sleep tonight? If I usually hit the water at 3am ......... ????

Anyway, just had to share. Hope to have some great reports to post with the new yak. Looking to produce a little mojo in the morning.

BTW, will be cruising round the pummy passage from about 1am Sunday morning. Say gday if ya see me out there . Here is a pic of it pre fitted out. My daughter loves it!!

The new Yak.jpg

Re: Happy as a pig in mud!!!!

Gee that's weird Funchy

I always pictured you as a bit older, and a bit more ......well.....man like.

Oh well, nice yak none the less love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Gee that's weird Funchy

I always pictured you as a bit older, and a bit more ......well.....man like.

Oh well, nice yak none the less love.
    LMFAO..... you funny MT!!! Cheers mate

Funny Muddy Ts, lol

Funchy, that is fantastic! I know nothing about yaks, but that looks the goods and along with the combo...wow.

You were pretty deadly before, now nothing will protect the fish of the pummy passage! Thank god you catch and release a lot

Have a great day, looking forward to the report. ENJOY!!

Geez, you'll be right now Funchy. You will be able to chase those Jewies. flatties, Bream and so on. I hope you get a bag full in the morning. Good luck.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Hey Funchy, how did the yak go today?

Hope you got out in it and had a great day. We had fun on the pine for a mixed bag of bream and flatties.

Trace and Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Hey Funchy, how did the yak go today?

Hope you got out in it and had a great day. We had fun on the pine for a mixed bag of bream and flatties.

Trace and Tim
    Hey C&C
    Yak went well. Too well, barely stopped to fish. I just kept paddling. I paddled from Golden Beach up Caloundra end, past Diamond heaf about another 5 klms past there and back again. Got a flatty and bream. Took some pic but seem to have deleted them. I dont like to do reports without pics unless it is fairly interesting (imo anyway ). Glad you had a good ome guys. Get up here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Hey C&C
    Yak went well. Too well, barely stopped to fish. I just kept paddling. I paddled from Golden Beach up Caloundra end, past Diamond heaf about another 5 klms past there and back again. Got a flatty and bream.
    Sounds like you really enjoyed the Yak if you didn't stop to fish Funchy. Glad to hear it and good that you still got a couple of fish.