Thread: Gold Coast Holiday May

Gold Coast Holiday May

My wife and I are heading down to Coolongatta for a week from 11 to 18th. I am going to take the 4.4 tinny and do some fishing. I havent used lures much but will give them a try. Would like to get some whiting if they are still around. If anybody can steer me in the right direction for any fish it would be great. I am going to put the boat into a 24 hour lock up $85 so I can leave the gear in the boat. Will be getting a NSW fish Liscence as well.

Re: Gold Coast Holiday May

if you launch your boat in kennedy drive, go up river as far as you can till you come to a fork in the river, take a right and you will come to cobaki bridge, go under that and you should start coming around a right corner just on that you will see shallow water on the starboard side of your boat.....flick ya lures just over that and reel in.

For the Lures. Just toss in flour. Shallow fry for 2mins/ or untill Plastic just starts to melt. Then roll in breadcrumbs and fry another 4 mins. Drain and enjoy. !!!

The sand banks around chinderah are always good for whiting. As well as the weed beds behind the hospital

if you know or launch from fingal boat ramp.... head straight across to the other side of the river and head up past the golf corse and drift the sand bank for whiting/flathead/bream ...there is a bloke that sells live worms on the road along the river heading to fingal ramp................have fun...... mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

That's great advice mick, wish I had put it that succinctly.