Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yak hoo's

Yak hoo's

Well Ant and i spoke last night and we agreed that today would be epic and i made a massive call that we would chase and catch some hoo. So this morn on sunrise we hit the waves and although Ant (the massive wave veteran) called it a 5 out of ten, it was still pumping. Ant whispered them down and i followed, hitting a few big waves the last of which was just before it lipped, launching myself and my yak way up into the air; much to Ant's amazement. But we were out, thanks for your moral support Ant. After a couple of hours it was time to paddle back in with spots onboard. Many were lost between us, but Ant scored 3 ( one was almost 1m long) and i landed 2. Then as we turned to paddle back in, I scored a small jellybean macktuna. So on he goes live and as i opened the bail arm i noticed that all of a sudden the line was ripping off the spool. As i closed the bail i realised that i was on and it was big. I called out wahoo and proceeded to be towed around with Ant giving chase. Eventually the beast (1.58m hoo) came up and with Ant's help we gaffed it and stowed it into Ant's hatch. So in we go again, when Ant scores a macktuna which he sent back down on his rig. AS we paddled in i watched his rod jerk and said you are on Ant. Boy was he on and getting spooled, almost. After a fairly short time Ant had landed and stowed his own (slightly smaller) hoo. Fun times and we got back in safely just to ice the cake. BTW i caught my hoo on a $20 jarvis walker 8000 reel so hoo needs expensive gear to catch big fish.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	79321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cchoo.jpg 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	79315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccsp.jpg 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	79316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ant spot.jpg 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	79317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anthoomat.jpg 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	79318  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cchoomat.jpg 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	79319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swell.jpg 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	79320  

I think you just outdid yourself, awesome report well done

Re: Yak hoo's

Holy shit! You blokes are legends.

Simply superb Carnster. Well done

well done yet again great report

Mate great fish, so jealous, they say 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish, now i know whos taking mine.

Outstanding effort Carnster. I don't think I would like tp be paddling out in that surf
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Well done Chris,very nice Hoo.Whats next,Mahi Mahi ?

What a torpedo Great job boys, def worth bragging about

Cheers

Awesome effort guys.

Carnster you have been on fire all Summer you might end up with the best and fairest at this rate

Blog Entries

Brilliant stuff mate

Incredible Carney! You're certainly gaining a reputation as the king of the yak.. and everything else for that matter. Well done mate!

mate you would of thought you were on a jet ski with that monster towing you around...lol......well done boys
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

That is wicked carnster, you've caught fish that i would be stoked at catching out of a boat! Unreal. Ben