Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.3m yak spano

1.3m yak spano

Went for a quick pre work paddle with ant this morn. Things were looking a bit grim with the surf and wind up a bit. Plus Ant had a spot in his hatch by the time we had to go back in. I was staring down the barrel of a donut, when zing double hook up. I was pretty confident they were spanish after a few long runs. So i gaffed and stowed the 1st and proceeded to tackle the 2nd. It was big really big. After 30mins it was looking like i would be late for work, so i upped the drag and after another 10mins the hook pulled. He was a lot bigger than the one i landed but i was happy he swam away as i would have released him anyway. On the way in i flaked a spot just to ice the cake. Fun times with Ant.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	span1.3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	79501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smm.jpg 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	79502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vs.jpg 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	79503  

Re: 1.3m yak spano

Good stuff mate, those bloody things are huge good chance they would drag me out to sea with my little chicken arms on the paddles. Good stuff, your always killing it on the yak. Top Effort.

Top work once again Carnster!

Mick

Wow, once again great effort. I can imagine it would be pretty easy to be spooled with a double hook up like that!

Carnster,
    Thats the same size I got on ANZAC Day, & it was a battle standing upright, with gunwhales to lean against. Doing that on a yak is unbelievable!
    Tony

Carnster you are a machine! Great effort as always. Shame worktime started interfering with your fight on the second LOL.
    Thanks for the report mate.
    cheers

was almost going to give a dislike to your post.... as work got in the way of fishing.....lol........mate you got any teeth war wounds on that yak of yours with all the teethy monsters you've been getting .... well done on your morning exercise....i wonder if all the gym junkies know what there missing out on.........cheers mick
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Good stuff mate, those bloody things are huge good chance they would drag me out to sea with my little chicken arms on the paddles. Good stuff, your always killing it on the yak. Top Effort.
    Carnester your looking like a better deckie option than Mossy with this form mate

Quote Originally Posted by Dicktracey View Post
    Carnester your looking like a better deckie option than Mossy with this form mate
    Last mac I seen you on nearly had you over the side, might have to hand the rod to Carnster to show you a thing or two. I would stow away to pick up some tips from the yak trolling king for sure.
    Carnster you troll far off the shore? It would be trippy sitting out the back on my board watching a guy rip in massive macs like that from a yak 50 meters away.

Last mac I seen you on nearly had you over the side, might have to hand the rod to Carnster to show you a thing or two. I would stow away to pick up some tips from the yak trolling king for sure.
    Carnster you troll far off the shore? It would be trippy sitting out the back on my board watching a guy rip in massive macs like that from a yak 50 meters away.
    Maybe we could troll Carnester behind the boat as a paravane Mossy ? Catch is a catch mate

Well done Chris and thanks for the report,I am sure the boss would let you off if you took some fish in !

I have caught them just outside the breakers and also way out for a yak, probably 5km offshore

here's a suggestion for you Chris......

this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fish in Smoker.jpg 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	79508

turns into....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoked Spanish Mackerel.jpg 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	79509

Cheers.

Jono.

ho hum, just another big fish on the yak carnster. got nothing new this week mate.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Blog Entries

Bludddy!!!!!!! You blokes are freaks Love your work as usual