Thread: Tin Can Bay GPS Marks

Tin Can Bay GPS Marks

Hello fishing brothers and sisters.
    Taking the wife to Tin Can Bay for a weekend fishing. Never fished there before and i am after a few GPS Marks to get me started. Happy to exchange ones around Bundaberg, Burrum Heads and Hervey Bay. ( not ones that you can google...lol) Have 4.4 Seajay Nomad Swift V-nose punt 30hp OB.

Re: Tin Can Bay GPS Marks

You don't real need marks for the bay as most spots are visual depending on what you are chasing. Coffee rock ledges at Teebar and Searys. This is a mark for Bluff Reef in the straits SW corner- lots of pinnacles and rises depth varies from 30ft to 60 ft. 25 46 989 153 00 621 If the conditions are good you will see boats anchored there. Covers a couple of acres. Teebar Ledge a couple of kms long-25 51 030 153 02 239, Searys again a long ledge 25 55 560 153 01 855 Have fun the weather gods are looking good for this weekend

hi there stocky62.try teebar ledge,teebar creek,dinnies creek when tide is right u can get stuck in there,and north of dinnies a place called big mick's.i was up there at the end of last year didn't get much because weather didn't wanta play fair.call into tackle shop that is on main road in tin can young guy that runs shop is very helpful and wil point u in right direction,u could also try kauri creek.u wil catch everything from whiting jack flathead barra trevally snapper and mackerel from tin area.good luck.i could of done with some of ya help a month ago when i was up bundy/baffle was .
    cheers
    buzzin

Thanks heaps... They shoul dgive me a couple of options and keep me out of trouble with the deckie. Let m eknow i fyou com eup this way.. I'l give you a couple of spots. Thanks

Let me know i fyou come back... Have outside marks for both areas..