Thread: Need some help with FC6 620 trans mounting after new transom...

Need some help with FC6 620 trans mounting after new transom...

Hi all - need some help with the transducer set up for my FCV 620. The attached photo is its position on the new transom. I thought the boys would have taken a photo and refitted the fittings as I had them but they didnt. They moved the transducer about 3 inches closer to the trim tab on the starboard side. The trim tabs remained in the same position as on the old transom. Technically where they mounted the trans should work at speed (20KPH and above) but it doesnt. The old position work oed well up to max speed of about 63kph. They have also mounted the pump pretty much where the old trans position was (the pump was above the trim tab, near the ram...). Interestingly, the Garmin's transducer on the port side words fine at speed. I have tried raising the transducer for the Furuno because it looked lower than how I had it originally. That made it worse. So I might dunk it lower than the boys put it on at and see if that helps.

I suspect I will need to move the pump and stick the transducer back where I had it on the old transom - that annoys me because I dont want more holes and having to fill the old ones one a brand new transom as gelcoated. Any recommendations would be appreciated, including how to best go about filling the old holes without causing it to look like crap. I could neatly use white sikaflex, but I wonder about that in case it shrinks a bit or flexes and let water around it... I suppose I could move the pump up and then put the trans under it and that way the pump's old holes at least might not be so obvious.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: Need some help with FC6 620 trans mounting after new transom...

TabLencoFoilsRakersetc.jpgHi Oz

I would have thought the spots for the transducers would have been to the left or right of the keel bungs and between the air chamber bungs but not in line with strakes etc so as to get optimum laminar water flow. Mine has the Lowrance as a thru hull and the Furuno down low as described above and the speed thingo between the two keel bungs, useless spot if one ever beaches the hull!

C
    C
    What could go wrong.......................

Thanks mate - they reckon 300mm out of prop area. Here is where it used to live...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

The P66 is a sensitive so n so. If you had it working in a spot - put it back! I have written chapter and verse on this and other forums about trying to get it to work on a Quinnie without success. At least your hull will give you a a chance. Your photo shows the ducer leaning inwards (not level with the floor)?

Thanks matey. It's level. Please see http://i.imgur.com/m3o8J.jpg which shows the fore and aft angle. I don't know if it's too far a angled? Cheers

Ok so as a follow up she's back in the position it had before the new ransom and works well to boats max speed of 63kph
    . Cheers