Thread: any advice for Stanage bay and or the percys.

any advice for Stanage bay and or the percys.

Hello ausfish world.

I'm headding up to stanage bay in the June school holidays with the hope of good enough weather to spend most of the time out around the Percys. I've been to stanage before but were unable to get out due to weather and boat size issues . Pretty sorted in organisation of gear etc but would be stoked if anyone could offer advice on target fish for time of year or even gps marks if anyone is feeling generous. I understand the notion of putting in your time but its a long way to go so any specific fishing advice would be appreciated. I'm equipped for a range of techniques so go nuts. Will be garenteed to share pics and pass forward anything I.learn while up there.

Re: any advice for Stanage bay and or the percys.

Mate we didnt quite go to percys last time we where there.. we drifted about a kilometre off hexam and Bagged out on sweetlip all over about 3kgs and caught 2 monster red emperor.. if the weather is average maybe that would be the go

Cheers thanks mate

G'day notenoughsickies, Ive fished the Stanage bay area for quite sometime, the weather will be your biggest issue with the south easterlies blowing around june july,If you have a fair sounder and some knowledge on how to use it then there is a number of islands and reefs in the area that will provide you with good fishing, take your time to sound around and find structure and shows of fish,(like anywhere really) but around Hannah rock and low rock there is good red and trout fishing to be had, they are a little more isolated and relly produce when the conditions are favourable! good luck

Mate just look for a bump on the sounder when your driving along