Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: container ship, what container ship?

Re: container ship, what container ship?

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Um, er, shouldn't the "blip" have looked like the great wall of China by the time you were close enough to bang into it?

Or is your boat a bit biggish and your radar is mounted higher than those little steel sides those ships have?

😄😄

Sorry.... Can't help having fun with this.... You'll get plenty of chances to have a dig back at me... I am averaging a silly mistake a week at the moment.
    it looked like an island .

i was talking to brett the other night and he told me he was a little disappointed he hadn't copped a pasting yet. so, here goes mate:

was actualy meaning i thought i was off the hook and every 1 was too drunk to remember . (think i was wrong again)

😄😄

Sorry.... Can't help having fun with this.... You'll get plenty of chances to have a dig back at me... I am averaging a silly mistake a week at the moment.[/QUOTE]

it's no good stuffing up if no one can get a bit of fun out of it .
    one day i will learn from the mistakes i make . but as i tell my kids , i do these stupid things so they don't have too

Quote Originally Posted by just cause View Post
    it looked like an island .
    so do you drift into islands frequently?????

i am worried. cant imagine that big donk you got on back likes staying on 20 knots. might need to install some rear view mirrors so i can dodge ya.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    .....might need to install some rear view mirrors so i can dodge ya.
    What are you worried about? He's got radar....

😄

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    What are you worried about? He's got radar....

��
    i will look like a target in the centre of it.

Sounded like you boys had a good time at the M&G Davo...That sounds like a add on T.V hahaha damn wish i was there..hope you all had a great time.

cheers
    Billy

we had a great time billy. and its no coincidence it sounds like a tv ad. there were at least a half dozen blokes saying:"container ship, what container ship?" (only when they could stop laughing tho)

That's gold

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    so do you drift into islands frequently?????
    strangly enough i have nearly ran into morton island (but it was dark)

save that one for the next m&g mate (unless you better it before then)

around the same time in another part of the world there was a Maersk shipping line captain at the pub with his mates....

" it was bloody unbelievable, this pr@&k just lined me up and started coming for me, I couldn't do nothing, he had this mad look about him, just kept inching closer and closer, I tried to wave him away but he was just mocking me, just kept reading his mag and having his smoke, then he just bumped me and turned around and f$#ked off, not a word, nothing....bloody strange It was I tell ya"

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    around the same time in another part of the world there was a Maersk shipping line captain at the pub with his mates....

" it was bloody unbelievable, this pr@&k just lined me up and started coming for me, I couldn't do nothing, he had this mad look about him, just kept inching closer and closer, I tried to wave him away but he was just mocking me, just kept reading his mag and having his smoke, then he just bumped me and turned around and f$#ked off, not a word, nothing....bloody strange It was I tell ya"
    i like that well done

A few years ago was trolling inside Moreton, with usual deckie/ brother-in-law in my old c/console Sportfish in my normal position of sitting on the helm, looking aft, watching the 'riggers & lures. Bro-in-law asks if I want a cuppa. "Fine" I replied. I then heard" Goodness, gracious me" or something like that, for as he'd turned to the bow he saw that we were about 10 metres from being squashed by the big blue car carrier I'm sure we in the Bay have all seen. I've never been more thankful of a perfet response from 175 horses than that time. Funnily enough Old Mate brings it up regularly. In all seriousness though, we were bloody lucky & no ones fault but my own. They really motor, hey, & therein lies the danger for a lot of inexperienced boaties who think they can cut across their bow etc.