Thread: Jet ski stolen and recovered within 30 minutes

Jet ski stolen and recovered within 30 minutes

I was unlucky enough to have my ski stolen Sunday afternoon at 4pm from the car park at the Scarborough Boat Ramp - the ski is in commercial survey as i do jet ski licences - I was on the jetty talking to a friend on his ski and I turn around and see a guy unhitching my ski and attaching it to his vehicle. I yell and we gave chase, there was even a guy towing a boat in the chase as well.

As we chased there is a video going which gets his car, number plate and him as he stops and drops the ski on the road and takes off which blocks us but we recover the ski.

He takes off driving on the wrong side of the road so we drop the pursuit. A number plate check by the boys in blue establish it is not a stolen vehicle and he now has a reception committee waiting for him

Re: Jet ski stolen and recovered within 30 minutes

Hahaha not the brightest them crooks, glad you got your ski back mate, no trailer lock?

Hopefully when he goes to jail someone borrows his @ss so he finds out how it feels to have something taken without permission .
    What a grub

Any chance of us seeing the video?
    Or is it used as evidence or something?

Would be a great watch!

I gotta ask, how bloody far away did you park your car!!!!!

What type of car were they driving ? Young/old guys ??

VIDEO ?????????????????????????? PPLEASEEEEE

Wow, so brazen. You would have thought that they would be smart enough to figure out that if the ski was on the trailer then you're very likely not too far away.

Glad it all worked out okay for you, hopefully stops the situation happening to someone else who may not be as fortunate or aware.

Seriously I don't understand these people...what kind of thought process goes on that enables them to do this? Glad you gave chase, hope they pay the price!

Gee on a sunday arv too, just shows you cant leave anything exposed. I wont be leaving by tinny un attended there anymore.
    Congrats on giving chase and nabbing the grub

Deano

we all NEED to se this vid....put his face all over the fishing forums... the scumbag will then have every fisherman and boatie watching out for him!!

by the way, there is nothing legally stopping you from publishing the car make, model, colour and rego on here either.

Dan..

Name, Shame with a Video would be the Game!!
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

MTAQ..
    what was the outcome???

It is now October and I have not heard a thing about it - I have been told that the gentleman in question states his vehicle was stolen that day but we have a video of him - even so I have not heard a thing - I have my ski back but it looks like that is the end of it.