Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Quote Originally Posted by Lancair View Post
    Reading this makes me glad I got crap service from Springwood Marine when I first went in there looking...
    Me too. Exact same scenario. Lucky I was annoyed at them.

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    got the serial numbers if a want them mate....have them on the finance paper work stating springwood marine as the supplier..let me know..

cheers rosco
    How is that scenario playing out mate, any updates, did someone sign a delivery docket stating delivery of a new DF 140??

cheers
    Rod
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

Hi Rosco I posted a pic of the serial number did it match to yours

I've been in communications with springwood marine about buying a new 50hp 4 stroke from them. Lucky I did'nt sign anything.
    Cheers Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Me too. Exact same scenario. Lucky I was annoyed at them. They deserve to be prosecuted.
    I was stupid enough to go in there 3 times looking for a new boat lucky sales service was as good as what has happened here !
    spent my 60k on real customer service.

That is unbelieveable I wonder how many times they have done this before. You certainly owe the boys at Origin a beer for picking that up. There must be some sort of law around this you should take them for all you can.
    Cheers Axl

Nearly 4,000 views of this thread now.

Impossible to calculate the amount of potential business they have lost because of this thread.

No business can behave like this in 2012 and expect to survive...

Hard to imagine anyone would have the hide to do this, especially when there is a third-party like Origin Boats involved. I'm glad it was picked up and all sorted out. This forum proves it definitely does not pay to run a business like that as, based on many responses, they have lost a lot of potential business - now and in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MACK CHASER View Post
    Hi Rosco I posted a pic of the serial number did it match to yours
    Hey mate I dont think your picture worked. The first ones did but the one of the serial # is a no go.

I am going to swim upstream here...

My belief may not be popular, but I fear that we are overestimating our powers here a bit.

None of us here are likely to use this mob now, but I reckon we would only be a small percentage of their customer base.

If you really want to hurt their sales you would need to involve the media. I could be wrong.... I often am.

My belief may not be popular, but I fear that we are overestimating our powers here a bit.

None of us here are likely to use this mob now, but I reckon we would only be a small percentage of their customer base.

If you really want to hurt their sales you would need to involve the media. I could be wrong.... I often am.
    Even if everybody here is a small percentage it is still tens of thousands of dollars they are going to lose....alot more than what it would have cost them to give him the new engine he paid for!

SS
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

only thing is that being a fishing forum almost everyone one here has or will buy a boat/motor/gear ....how much advertising would you have to do to find the same amount of target people in normal media???? plus the fact of everyone here telling there fishing mates...10 fold

so whats Springwoods marine side of the story. Have they given a response to this or to you Mark Chaser? just curious thats all.

Guys this has got totally out of hand, i own Springwood Marine unfortunatley i have been away hence the late reply. let me tell you the facts, the engine that was sent to the boat builder was in fact fitted to a Kevlacat and had a slight noise, the fact that this was a twin rig accentauted it when the other engine was so quite however we had it checked by Suzuki and it checked out ok, it was a liitle tight, but in the interest of customer satisfaction we swapped it. We then sold this engine as a demo engine at a reduced price to a client up North and when the truck arrived to pick it up our parts people loaded up the wrong engine, they sent him the new one, they then sent the Demo engine to the boat builder by mistake, when we were alerted we very quickly ordered a new engine and dispatched it. There was no way that we would try and do something shonky, blind freedy can see that this engine had been fitted to another boat and wouldnt try to insult someones intelligence in convincing them it was new!!!! its a shame the boat didny come down here for fitup as it would have been picked up staright away and can assure you it would not have been fitted to this boat. The end result for us is that the customer up North has a brand new engine, i now have the demo engine back in stock, we have a customer who thinks that we have tried to decieve him and the kevlacat owner who we did do the right thing by also trying to wind people up. I can only apologise for the mistake and a genuine mistake it was and i am sorry that this has inconvenienced people. Its such a shame that some Ausfish members love this sort of stuff and its unfortunate that these same people are not quick to praise us when we do something good. Its a shame that the customer that now has a new engine by default is'nt an Ausfish Member because im sure he would have a different view.
    Again i apologise any inconvenience and can assure you that we did not try to do the wrong thing. I would welcome a call from any member if they want to discuss this.

If a bit of PR work had been done in the first place do you think this post would be here?

I dont.

Toddy