Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

they ordered in 3 new 140hp for fit up that week b4 xmas..lucky it wasn't the counter rotating 1 that had the issue

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    When I took the boat in they asked if I had it in writing the free service I said it was all through ausfish no one knew about it
    I remember reading that thread to and also remember the promises that they made,, what a joke that they couldn't follow through !!!
    This thread is what people need to save themselves from costly mistakes.
    Cheers TT

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Mongrels!

So what happened?

Anyone interested in this one as well - first post is 10

Sorry mackchaser not trying to hijack - just looking for more of the same
    When the post was up they sent out one of the service guys that sorted the oil that was over full and was told i would have a free service on my 100h service i took it in they asked if i had it in writing i said it would of been but the post was deleted. The lady at the service desk said why do you think you have a free service i told her that they lost my warenty book and just gave me a new one and stamped that they did the pre delivery check, 20h service and the 50h service she replied what's wrong with that. I told her yous have only ever done one service on my outboard and that was the 50h so when you buy a second hand car and it hasn't been service for a 100000 Kim's and the dealer goes stamps the book that would be ok her reply no it wouldn't.they did give me a hour free labour so I only paid for 4 hours labour so a big saving im not a idiot I know how long it takes to service a outboard I ended up just paying the money for the service nice as pie $580 for a 100h service I didn't want to go back there but a mate of mine talked me into it but a swear to you that's the last time I step my foot into there yard

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    they asked if i had it in writing i said it would of been but the post was deleted.
    Oh geez so they didnt end up coming through for you either after publicly promising it on ausfish. That is really low, no way they will last much longer doing sh"t like that.

Thanks for clarity bro.

Really SUCKS!!

They do deserve this publicity
    Cheers

Trev

I sincerely hope "CUNNINGHAMS MARINE" are taking notes?
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

thank for the info i was going to go there to order a 200 for mine . i think i will just give them a wide berth . thanks you may have just saved me a lot of hassle

Attachment 79241Hello fellow Ausfish members sorry about the punctuation mistakes will try to do better this post haha but I'm no english major, anyhow I will be emailing Suzuki Australia about the service by the Springwood Marine dealership and also will be emailing the Motorama group to let them know what happened, also I will try and post a picture of the serial number that is all I have as when I agreed to buy the motor of Springwood Marine I did it all over the phone and when they emailed the agreement to me it did'nt have any VIN or S/N on it as they had to order it in before the end Sept so I could get the 2 GMI 10 Gauges Suzuki were offering free, so I signed the agreement paid the money and even after paying the money for the motor I asked for a receipt so I knew it was all good and they had received the funds I transfered to there account the email I got back from them said there receipt machine had broken down but the funds had gone through ok, I still have never received a paid invoice mmmm this sounds dodgy now that I think about it. I also would like to let you all know Origin Boats is a Suzuki agent but I purchased my outboard before( wish I hadn't now) I had even made up my mind on the boat after doing research on the 140hp Suzuki and Suzuki were offering the 2 GMI gauges for a limited time and when I searched the Suzuki site Origin Boats didn't come up as a dealer now I know they do deal direct with Suzuki to supply them with there boats. Anyhow after I email Suzuki and Motorama about the issues I have I will let you all know what they have to say about the issues, cheers and safe boating to you all can't wait to pick my new rig up next week and take home to North Queensland and get some serious fishing in.

Sorry to hear about you getting stuffed around mate.
    I subscribe to QFM and Bush n Beach (like many on here no doubt) and I see Springwood Marine ad's all the time. Talking to the wife about a new boat at the moment, I show her the pictures etc etc to gain half a smile or half an interest. Needless to say i will be sticking well clear of these Springwood Marine scammers. Maybe this is a bit extreme but i'm not that real keen on suzuki now either! I've always had yamaha's and they've been great and their dealers have been great too (that i have dealt with). It's just a shame that bad experiences like this tend to sometimes shape our own views or perceptions on things, rightly or wrongly. I would have definetly gone to Springwood to have a chat to them just because of all their advertising that i see but not now - not a chance.
    Anyway mate good luck - hope it all works out - and thanks for sharing with us all.

Is this not the best time ever to buy a boat/motor? Most the dodgy dealers go bust so that those that can offer good old fasioned service and value for money are the only ones left in business. Great time and boo on those dealers that think that the GFC has passed. Go the internet and especially knowledge sharing sites such as this. Cheers Winston.

Is that really the way the donk turned up?? she must have been an absolute ballzy move loading her up for delivery thinkin ah they'll never know ..!!

My 175 suzi from the haines group turned up in a steel crate inside a suzuki box marked lifting points and which way up plus tear off plastic wrap over the covers etc .. no way of mistaking her for anything but brand new

That isn't just fraud man that is an absolute joke .. the guys out the back couldn't have been aware of the dealings out front unless they just simply sent it to the wrong planet ..
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

Wow, now I wonder if my 140 was new ????

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    I sincerely hope "CUNNINGHAMS MARINE" are taking notes?
    ooookkkkaayyy Little Skipper whats the go there. Seeing as though Northside Marine no longer sell Merc's I am having to go here now to get mine serviced to keep the 5x5 warranty having 2 years to go. I got an engine fitted by them 2 years ago on my old boat and had no dramas. Is there something we should know here. If you don't want to share the issues here can you please PM me as to what happened. Thanks mate.

Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    ooookkkkaayyy Little Skipper whats the go there. Seeing as though Northside Marine no longer sell Merc's I am having to go here now to get mine serviced to keep the 5x5 warranty having 2 years to go. I got an engine fitted by them 2 years ago on my old boat and had no dramas. Is there something we should know here. If you don't want to share the issues here can you please PM me as to what happened. Thanks mate.

Cheers Mick.
    If there is a problem start a new thread and make sure you justify your comments like Old Mate has done on this one

Reading this makes me glad I got crap service from Springwood Marine when I first went in there looking. I walked around the yard and showroom for a good 15 minutes, meanwhile 3 staff sat inside ignoring me. Fair enough one was on the phone most of the time I was there but . . . I left and went to view other boat yards. Came back a couple of hours later, same thing, not one person even acknowledged I was in the yard, despite climbing in and all around a 2nd hand boat I was interested in. I figured if they couldnt be bothered to even try to get a sale, their after sales service will be worse. I left and ended up purchasing new from down the road.