Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 391
  1. #31

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    i remember that issue. There was quite a few people singing their praises cos they fixed what they should have done in the first place. So they didnt give you a free service after all that??

    Yeah - I remember it very well, also. I thought that good common sense had prevailed but maybe it did not.

    That's a shame as Springwood Marine was a good company when it was under its original ownership. I was a very happy customer of their's several years ago.


    Now, let's see. Is there a pattern here?

    Sundown Marine, Leisure Marine, Mr T's Tinnies, ....


    Which marine dealer will be the next to close down?



    .

  2. #32

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    I bought my boat new and when the motor (175hp Suzuki) went in for first service and I wondered why the unit never beeped at 20 hour service and was told by mechanic the 20 hour beep had been turned off at first installation and from my calcs the motor had about 30 to 40 hours on it beyond what i reckon I did - so nothing too new to some other operators unfortunately.

    And yes the wonderful family business I bought it from told me the motor did not need to be run in.

    Thankfully the motor has been great and is now about to go in for it's 250 hour service.

    Hope your 140hp Suz gives you good service MackChaser and thanks for the heads up.

    As others have said I would be very interested to see if the motor was the crap one that was previously rejected.
    Cheers

    Trev

  3. #33

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    There is also a problem that the motor mentioned is still intheir hands

    Bet they try it again to some poor bugger and he won’t evenknow


  4. #34

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Gee wizz what a sting .. and who would have thought .. glad everything has worked out for you and thanks for the heads up

    Supprised origin arn't buying direct from the haines group tho as apposed to a second tear supplier on the other side of town for customer support .. anyway thanks again for the trouble you went to cos i have not and will not use or recommend springwood marine after reading your post, well done to all

    cheers
    Rod
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

  5. #35

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    got the serial numbers if a want them mate....have them on the finance paper work stating springwood marine as the supplier..let me know..

    cheers rosco

  6. #36

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    got the serial numbers if a want them mate....have them on the finance paper work stating springwood marine as the supplier..let me know..

    cheers rosco
    If that turns out to be the case they should be shut down and licence shredded.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  7. #37

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    i remember that issue. There was quite a few people singing their praises cos they fixed what they should have done in the first place. So they didnt give you a free service after all that??
    When I took the boat in they asked if I had it in writing the free service I said it was all through ausfish no one knew about it

  8. #38

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    When I took the boat in they asked if I had it in writing the free service I said it was all through ausfish no one knew about it
    Mongrels!

    So what happened?

    Anyone interested in this one as well - first post is 10

    Sorry mackchaser not trying to hijack - just looking for more of the same
    Cheers

    Trev

  9. #39

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Ill also add here for future reference;
    Springwood Marine imports their own trailers, A new ADR rule now states that all galvanised leaf springs MUST be galvanised here in Australia to be legal. All of their trailers are from China and galvanised in China, therefore not making them compliant to the ruling.

    Just another reason not to go to Springwood Marine

  10. #40

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Well I won't be going to Springwood Marine to buy a new boat now. I was looking at boats there a few weeks back and it looked like I could get a good deal too. But I don't want a good deal of problems, and I hate those that are dishonest. I will go elsewhere, thanks for the heads up.
    Can someone, anyone please like my facebook page? I need at least 30 likes.... Please

    http://www.facebook.com/suncoastcivilwater

  11. #41

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    So who is on the list of people who should be working their rings off to rectify this problem right now.
    Springwood Marine for one
    Motorama Group of companies ??
    Suzuki Marine Australia ??
    Haines Suzuki Marine Australia ??

    If any of these people do not deserve to be on the list just inform us.

    The more references to the companies (who should be doing something very constructive to stamp this sort of behaviour out and make sure it doesn't happen again) the greater the exposure to the general community and the greater the chance something will be done.
    Do a google with Springwood Marine and see what crops up in the first page of results.
    This thread!!

    Companies spend mega bucks to get on the first page of a Google. They do a fair bit to get this sort of thing out of the first pages too.
    A good code of ethics is a good start.

    There is no excuse for this.

    Did they give you a VIN number when you paid for the engine Mack Chaser??
    They should have given you a number seeing you've paid for one.
    Anyone who pays for an engine should demand a VIN number. What happens to your money when/if the dealer goes bust??
    Money gone.
    But if you have a VIN number the engine is yours and less hassle to get.

    I reckon the Mack's engine went on the back of Rosco's boat when he did his narna (The motor was there and Rosco was cranky...what to do??) and they then forgot why there was a huge sucker Suzuki sitting on the floor.
    Cheers Bert
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good


  12. #42

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Thanks for letting us know about this...I will never use them after knowing about you're experience, interested to see their reply to this. Also interested to see if those engine numbers match.

    I have always used Yamaha's and bought from Marine Tune at Burleigh, they have always looked after me there and I am a very fussy pain in the ass customer!

    SS
    Last edited by Screamin Semen; 23-04-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Typo
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

  13. #43

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    didn't do my narna finga just told the finance broker that there was a problem with an outboard and i wouldn't except it and if the deal was to go ahead a new outboard had to be fitted to my kc or the deal was off...had a new outboard fitted on the back in 4hrs and water tested it soon after..mine was a 2012 outboard fitted both times

  14. #44

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Your right Finga, a google search shows up 5th in the ranking. The first 4 are advertisements of Springwood Marine. Hats off to Col Svenson for again showing the customer service at Origin boats that many came to enjoy with the original Fisher boats. That sort of good will goes a long long way in the recreational community and it seems the opposite is just as deadly. When people start looking for boats these days, they do a lot of research on the Internet first. This for sure will cost Springwood Marine thousands down the track and will take a long time to recover from.

    Cheers Chris

    P.S. hankering to know if those VIN numbers match or not, if they do you have the reason why Katcaddy hasn't been so swift to get on here and defend them.

    Edit: I wonder how long it will be before Kevlacat gets on the phone to Springwoods with a very big WTF phone call?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  15. #45

    Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

    Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    didn't do my narna finga just told the finance broker that there was a problem with an outboard and i wouldn't except it and if the deal was to go ahead a new outboard had to be fitted to my kc or the deal was off...had a new outboard fitted on the back in 4hrs and water tested it soon after..mine was a 2012 outboard fitted both times
    Thanks for that clarification.
    You did something vastly worse then going off your narna.
    You threatened them with a lack money. Probably worked better in the short and long term

    Cheers Bert.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us