Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

I actually thought all Ausfish members were professionals? How wrong I was! We all get told to support local business yet here are members bagging/crucifying/grilling and shamefully bringing down one of the few remaining boat businesses left in Sth East Qld.

Give yourselves I BIG pat on the back! I hope you are all proud of yourselves?
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    I actually thought all Ausfish members were professionals? How wrong I was! We all get told to support local business yet here are members bagging/crucifying/grilling and shamefully bringing down one of the few remaining boat businesses left in Sth East Qld.

If this thread is an indication of anything and the crap is filtered out from it, it is that there is a sizeable proportion of people who have actually used Springwood, aside from the OP and 20ran (in previous thread), who are disatisfied with them. They would be wise to use that information as a signal to improve.

PS There was still no response from Springwood on why they were content to falsify 20rans lost warranty book (or to deny 20rans story). Honest stuff up indeed!

Looks like I hit a few raw nerves with some more dislikes...Excellant!
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post

What gave you that impression? A public forum where people from all walks of life talk fishing , boating and general jibberish and you think everyone is a pro?

Has been an interesting read this thread but has resembled a Gunnadah B&S with the amount of circle work, drunken ramblings and screwing in the past 5 or 6 pages. Don't think there is possibly any more outcomes to be gained aside from setting a post record which would still have a way to go to beat some E-tec threads. Imagine if it was an etec not a suzi? WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Has been an interesting read this thread but has resembled a Gunnadah B&S with the amount of circle work, drunken ramblings and screwing in the past 5 or 6 pages. Don't think there is possibly any more outcomes to be gained aside from setting a post record which would still have a way to go to beat some E-tec threads. Imagine if it was an etec not a suzi? WOW!
    I beg to differ.
    A lot of good can come out of this thread yet.
    Turn this thread into a learning curve where a positive is the overall result for all concerned instead of a few recurring negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    How about we do something constructive that may help Springwood Marine become a better place where a possibility of this sort of happening ever again will cease to exist??
    We all know of people who have lost huge money at boat yards and boat builders so we're all a bit toey about the subject when ever money and boat are mentioned in the same sentence.
    Maybe we may be able to custom build a business procedure where both the customer and business owner can feel secure in their mutual business dealings.
    This would have to be a good thing wouldn't it??

A couple of questions for management to answer first and we might be able to behave in a reasonable manner to give some good suggestions so Springwood Marine will stay open indefinitely. We all know we need marine shops to remain open as there just aren't that many any more.

So to the management of any marine establishment:
    What procedures are followed from when someone orders a motor to when it's fitted on a boat?
    I would assume the same procedures would be followed if they order anything (like a tinny or sounder) really. Is this correct?

We can work from there can't we??

Cheers Alfred
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Since I noted that this thread had about 15 500 views as at 10:54 am yesterday in post#198, it has now added another 5000 views within 24 hours. Wow! (When I wrote that post it was actually at 15 350; as I write this it is at 20 391.)

... and another 4000 views since this time yesterday to bring it to 24 421.

My prediction of 100 000 views within 12 months is on target. We should expect more daily hits during the working week when the office workers sitting behind their computers will be looking for a distraction. They will also probably share the thread with their colleagues. Yup! 100 000 views within 12 months is definitely on.

Well this has taken me over 24hours to get to this point in the thread where fires have been burnt out, some questions are left unanswered and the mob is wondering where we're at. I've read 4 sides of similar stories, most of which aligned with each other, with some minor (major?) swerves of opinion.

In all, regardless of how it has been said, there's obviously some major business flaws within line of command, paper-work proceedings, dispatch and ordering.
    What Springwood needs to look at is why this wasn't nipped in the bud initially by first phoning both parties involved, apologizing, sorting the issues, re-imbursing (for the paid service) and moving on. It would have ended at page 5 with "we had a problem, it's now sorted", instead there was debate, clouds and mis-direction in SW replies. Yes he apologized but refused to answer question relating to the issues. Anyone with half a brain and a bit of decency knows that if you're in the wrong, and apologize, you need to make certain that the issue won't happen again by explaining what went wrong, why it went wrong and how you're dealing with it in future to make sure it doesn't happen again.

There's several consultants on this site, many of whom have put forward their professional recommendations in regards to the way forward and out of it.

Good luck with your future business plans Springwood, you're going to need it. You'll make it through this debacle if you play your cards right from now and make right what you've wronged.

To Rossco and Mack Chaser, you've both now got beautiful pieces of marine work and through the blood sweat and tears, you've bloody well earned a few long calm days on the water with some coldys. Keep following up on your unanswered questions for future reference, you don't want this swept under the rug and then have issues down the track.

Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I beg to differ.
    A lot of good can come out of this thread yet.
    Turn this thread into a learning curve where a positive is the overall result for all concerned instead of a few recurring negatives.
    Don't beg Fred- its unbecoming.

I doubt SM are in the frame of mind to be taking on and acting upon further advise offered in this thread. To learn requires both a willing teacher and willing student.

I doubt very much SM will learn from this. Its not the first time SM have been crucified on line, so that only leads me to believe this will happen again. In addition, as for Ausfish members being professionals, what ever lead you to think that? It is a forum open to the public but still a business for the site owners. I think web sites such as this one serve a very useful tool for those who choose to use and post on its pages. I support local business, but if they are going to price themselves way over what I can source from elsewhere then that’s what I will do. Australian businesses need to stop looking at the consumer as being the problem, business and there price structure is the biggest factor for people shopping overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I doubt very much SM will learn from this. Its not the first time SM have been crucified on line, so that only leads me to believe this will happen again. In addition, as for Ausfish members being professionals, what ever lead you to think that? It is a forum open to the public but still a business for the site owners. I think web sites such as this one serve a very useful tool for those who choose to use and post on its pages. I support local business, but if they are going to price themselves way over what I can source from elsewhere then that’s what I will do. Australian businesses need to stop looking at the consumer as being the problem, business and there price structure is the biggest factor for people shopping overseas.
    Agree. I've stopped trying to support local business; they operate in a different planet to the rest of the developed world. Went into Anaconda to buy a tent. There were 3 of the size I was looking for and when I asked what were the differences between them to justify the $2-300 price differences, I was told that the assistant ddn't know, there was no brochures but to go online and find out. Well I did....and purchased overseas and had the tent within 7 days, higher spec and cheaper cost. Didn't cost me any petrol or travelling time to get it!! Cycling gear here is inmany cases, twice the price of overseas and speaking to a bike shop owner in Adelaide I knew, he would love to source more of his stuff from overseas as well because the overseas online retail price is less than what he can source from the Oz distributors. Something isn't right in how Oz conducts business if this is the case....the UK and USA aren't low cost, sweat shop countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    Don't beg Fred- its unbecoming.

I doubt SM are in the frame of mind to be taking on and acting upon further advise offered in this thread. To learn requires both a willing teacher and willing student.
    Not begging Cam fella. More like hoping that another marine based business doesn't go belly up.

You are so right Cam. To learn requires both a willing teacher and willing student.

But if Springwood Marine do take some constructive criticism on-board then it can only be advantageous to their business, our shopping enjoyment and instil security within the transaction for both parties.
    And if they cannot take anything on-board then heaven help them because advertising such as this thread and threads in the same like in the future (and they will occur if something is not drastically changed within Springwood Marine) will kill them.
    And if they do not want to change we all will know their true colours.
    All they have to do is ask for help.

Constructive criticism can be a very powerful tool in improving near anything we do.
    It's such a shame very few people can accept it for what it is and act upon it instead of taking it as a personal attach.

Cheers Alfred
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by TopBhoy View Post
    Agree. I've stopped trying to support local business; they operate in a different planet to the rest of the developed world. Went into Anaconda to buy a tent. There were 3 of the size I was looking for and when I asked what were the differences between them to justify the $2-300 price differences, I was told that the assistant ddn't know, there was no brochures but to go online and find out. Well I did....and purchased overseas and had the tent within 7 days, higher spec and cheaper cost. Didn't cost me any petrol or travelling time to get it!! Cycling gear here is inmany cases, twice the price of overseas and speaking to a bike shop owner in Adelaide I knew, he would love to source more of his stuff from overseas as well because the overseas online retail price is less than what he can source from the Oz distributors. Something isn't right in how Oz conducts business if this is the case....the UK and USA aren't low cost, sweat shop countries.
    I know exactly what you mean....I went into GO fishing store at Nerang a couple of weeks back to give them a go and I must say it will be the last time I go there! The guy that served me was extremely rude, I asked about the Berkley Powerjig painted jigheads with the recessed heads that I acquired a few of from a forum member that he purchases from GO (I took 1 in with me so they knew what I meant) and was told by the guy at GO "a jig head is a jig head they all do the same thing" I replied saying I liked the coloured jig heads with the eyes and recess in them, I was then told "go to bunnings and grab some paint and paint them". I then asked him about the recessed ones and was told "they do not make them anymore". I then proceeded to tell him I have a friend that orders them here in packs of 25 for around $25, I was then told the minimum bulk pack he would order in is packs of 100 and he could not give me a price on them as he did not know. I then told him not to bother and walked out.

On the way home I called into Oxenford Bait and Tackle and showed him the jig head....he knew exactly what I was after and pointed me straight to them (Berkley Powerjig range). They were in packs of 25 for $27.95. I asked him about other sizes/colours and he went and grabbed his Berkley wholesale book and showed me all the sizes/colours available, seems the guy at GO was too lazy to check his Berkley book that I am sure he and every other tackle store would have.

There was a few smaller sizes they did not have at Oxenford so I jumped on ebay and had everything I needed delivered within a week.

My 2 cents on poor customer service and how overseas sources usually come up trumps.

SS
    Last edited by Screamin Semen; 29-04-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

Agreed about the nerang store, rudest people ive seen in a tackle store. They do have fairly reasonable prices though

Got myself a Hummingbird 785c2 chartplotter today as my navman shit itself last sunday. Best part is I got it for free. Just got to get the ariel for it now. Can't wait to get it all hooked up.

Hi Guys, I put a post back on about page 10 in regards to the service that i recieved from SM, and to there credit i think that they have taken onboard alot from this thread, the salesperson concered has taken the iniatitve and contacted me by email and i am pleased to say that the outcome has been pleaseing to both parties. I was prepared to let everyone know about poor service and feal that i should let you all know that the service i have recieved this time is second to none! So hopefuly some good will come from this post, sounds like SM will lift there game and hopefully grow there business on good customer service! Hopefully all parties concerend can reach the same level and move on. Regards Mark