Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

rybak, OK, there are a couple of "apologies" hidden in amongst the posts. I can only assume that they are genuine and of course - that is between you/KC and Mack Chaser.

I wouldn.t worry too much about the post re non compliant trailers - that is off topic and just a random comment,

However, I note that you still haven't commented or responded to questions re 20rans free service. -

Addressing this would go a long way to restoring your (SWM) credibility.

Thanks, Mark

In Regards our Trailers not being ADR approved & built in China, the trailers we sell are Quintrex (which are built on the gold coast), Dunbier (built in Melbourne), the kevla cat trailers are Sea-Link (built in Brendale, QLD). The only imported trailers we sell are with our Four Winns which are made in the USA which we have to modify to suit adr which is then signed off by Queensland Transport & have to have a RWC, none of our trailer are from CHINA.

20ran, when i offered you you the free service, i told you to contact me directly when you were due for a service & i will organise the service for you. The first i heard that you had been in here for the service was on this thread, so i apoligise for that. True to my word, when you are due for your next service, contact me Directly & I will be happy to honour your free service, I will PM you with my contact details. Now with all issues resolved, i hope everyone can move on & get out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    the thread is evolving into something entirely different to the start and giving people who don't often post a chance to have a say on something that concerns us all.

Yup!

Since I noted that this thread had about 15 500 views as at 10:54 am yesterday in post#198, it has now added another 5000 views within 24 hours. Wow! (When I wrote that post it was actually at 15 350; as I write this it is at 20 391.)

Not even one of Webby’s Mud Island fishing reports ever had that much readership growth in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    I would strongly suggest to all businesses that they take note of this thread and get with the times, if you stuff a customer around it will be told to thousands via the Internet, not just down the pub on Friday night like it use to be.

Ain’t that the truth?! Since the early 1980’s business schools, teaching MBA courses, have analysed what to do when a company gets bad publicity. The initial impetus to this was the way in which Johnson & Johnson very skillfully managed their way out of the maliciousTylenol poisoning scare circa 1982 in the USA. (seven people died).

What J & J did was to act very fast, and very publicly to remove stock from shelves at some gigantic cost across America. Within two years their business had fully recovered from what would have destroyed them had they not acted so fast in the public interest. In fact, because of the way that they acted, public trust in their brand grew more than they could had hoped for by organic means.

Those lessons were learnt well by managers in many businesses and were applied with in Australia with subsequent extortion issues in Qantas and Woolies, as I vaguely recall.

What this thread shows us is a classic example of the need to have a public relations, disaster mitigation strategy in the bottom drawer, metaphorically speaking, at any time.

Indeed, it would not surprise me if this thread will itself become a case study for MBA students in relation to social media power. It really holds a lot of material for a pretty decent term paper that would cover lots of aspects of not only how SM has bungled the management of the issue but also the sub-plots and roles of interested and disinterested (as distinct from uninterested) participating observers and what the role of the website owner is.

eg, Steve’s (Mr Ausfish) reputation must grow enormously with the Ausfish community for how he has reacted, not only to member curiosity about the other related thread but also in the way that he has let the discussion flow in the interest of public good and in the face of what appears to be veiled threats about the carriage of alleged slanderous coments on his privately owned website, Ausfish.com.au.

For example, can parallels be drawn between that sort of threat and the failed AFACT lawsuit brought against iiNet by the global heavy weights in the entertainment industry and settled in the Federal court last week? This pertained to whether an internet service provider was legally culpable for copyright theft executed over its network.

Quoting Steve once again....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    if you stuff a customer around it will be told to thousands via the Internet, not just down the pub on Friday night like it use to be.

By now, I suspect that it is not just Ausfish members who have been reading this thread. By now, I suspect that knowledge of the thread has started to find its way to other forums with boating affiliations such as diving, sailing, water skiing, etc. Some of these linkages will be made by members sharing the information; some will be by competitors rubbing their hands in glee.

As an Ausfisher who repeatedly expressed support for SM on Ausfish until this thread, I remain confused about what is the truth here. We now have detailed explanations, claims and counter claims from both sides happening. So much so that the substance of the issue that caused this thread is now pretty immaterial. What most of us have been looking for is to see how SM would handle the issue and whether they would rise to greatness by their words and deeds.

I remain troubled by the mostly less than empathetic response by the SM principal. In fact, because the responses have bordered on being confrontational, I say to myself, “What if it were me who was a customer having these problems?” Why would anyone take the risk? Most of us will now go somewhere else as our first choice of boat dealer.

So there we have it. What a classic case study for business students this would be. After six days we have seen 20 000 views. I predict that it will be 100 000 views within 12 months.

Rainy day in BNE, no fishin and more and more b###shit being posted.As many have said move on an go and retie some leaders, respool some reels or go and sit in your boat in the garage.I cant believe I have actually wasted this time.

You know it's funny but as far as I can see the whole saga was resolved before it came to the forum ?
    Everybody ended with the outboard they wanted without interference of any currant affair program 😜
    just that some people didn't thought they gotten enough satisfaction out of it all.
    just proves my point that Gary is a decent guy and fair and did everything to sort out the problems from the start before we even heart of it here .
    Again yes mistakes where made but rectified as soon as possible .
    Don't forget that they had to store that motor for a long time in there cramped premises because the boat was delayed , not many businesses would do that .

Cheers
    Tom

Can't wait to get out the reef an get me some big ok Reds and some good ol Spanairds and maybe mix in a few Coral Trout tight lines everyone

I think what concerns me most about this thread is the comment to Rosco from the owner of Springwood Marine.
    Here we have a man who bought quite a big KC from this company and then returned not long after and purchased 2 brand new engines and had them fitted to his new pride and joy.
    Now not knowing how much money Rosco actually spent all up but at a guess it would be over 100 grand yet the owner of this company comes online and tells the man he is missing something from his life.
    What ever happened to shutting your mouth and keeping your customers happy.
    If a company shows such little disregard for a customer spending that amount of money you can imagine how they think about their smaller customers.
    Alienating customers on mass is the quickest demise for any business.

Maybe the owner of SM might like to refund 20ran the money he's already spent on his service that was supposed to be free. After all, that was the service the owner said he would get for free? Pretty easy fix, just refund his money, instead of offering another free service.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdisk View Post
    Some of the boats on consignment at SM have been sitting there for a long time because the owner don't want to realize that the market for secondhand boats have nosedived and hanging on to their believe that their boat is worth a lot more .
    Sorry didtnt intent to wonder of the subject that far 😰
    Maybe the reason that consignment boats do not sell is because they are placed in the "holding yard" down the road .
    Before anyone jumps down my throat about the "holding yard" comment , I did not know what to call it . Although it is funny on recolection , that the sales lady's boat had a fairly prime position on the lot .
    Righto , let her rip , got my helmet and flak jacket on .
    Shawn

Could we call this a PR disaster of epic proportions?

There is no holding yard down the road, no need for helmets ☺

"were theres smoke theres fire " SM use peter slippery to fill out file their paper work?
    If there really were that many stuff ups with one customer and a big ticket item like that ......wow ...
    Was the motor delivered the "noisy" one from rosscos boat ?

I would strongly suggest to all businesses that they take note of this thread and get with the times, if you stuff a customer around it will be told to thousands via the Internet, not just down the pub on Friday night like it use to be.

.[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree i am afraid. Who decides whats unreasonable or " stuff the customer around " the customer or the business owner or the masses you elude to on here ?.

In this case its quite clear there were shortcoming but generally speaking just because an individual can go running to there nearest keyboard and post an experience on here or another site does not neccesarily make them right.

Everybody has there interpretation of what good customer service entails, god how many times have people posted about sales people and how some like to be left alone and others who like to go through the meet and greet process the moment they step in a joint. We have seen those threads go on and on and on without any clear guidelines as to what is good or bad customer service needless to say that we are all different in our interpretation.

Different versions of events and members performing the role of judge, jury and executioner without being directly privvy to all the accurate details.

Sorry Steve but trial by forum this one or otherwise quite often turn out to be kangaroo courts.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    You don't get it, the thread is evolving into something entirely different to the start and giving people who don't often post a chance to have a say on something that concerns us all.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether anybody dislikes it or not? Springwood Marine have stated on here it was a despatching error but you all just keep feeding off it.Get over it and move on!
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

any fish caught today lads? ahh shit, thought i was on ausfish............