Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    It's almost as if people just keep on feeding off of this thread? Here fishy fishy!!
    You don't get it, the thread is evolving into something entirely different to the start and giving people who don't often post a chance to have a say on something that concerns us all.

Excellent posts Ausfish; thank-you.

I want to avoid sounding like a broken record but I would like to find out Rybaks view on 20ran's warranty logbook being lost but a blank replacement being stamped when the work was not verified. Stuff ups and human errors I can accept, it has happened to everyone but deliberate cover-ups are simply wrong which destroys trust and reputation. This was a biggie for 20ran with his 1yo engine and he was badly treated overall. I work in the verification and validation field and falsifying records is a big No No - it creates a reputation and mistrust!!!

Thanks Ausfish for your post 221.
    It was a refreshing read!
    I wouldn't get too caught up in legal threats you receive. Talk via email is cheap, getting high-quality lawyers at $500-$1000+ an hour to actually instigate something is another thing. Especially for them to be told as an end result they don't have a case and be $20k out of pocket. Ouch!
    Spot on with your comments about social media. Could this thread be the Kony of Ausfish??

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Shit dude, not everyone is an Ausfish junkie!!
    If I owned a business that was directly related to the largest forum in that business, I would consider it would be business suicide not to visit it at least 3 times a day. Let alone not being one of it's largest sponsors.......No excuse for the result of this.

Shit dude it's 2012!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I thought it would be handy to have both sides of the coin in the one place. It just makes it easier to compare the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    Hi All, I am the sales person who sold this engine to Mac Chaser (Randall). Firstly I want to say that I cannot fathom the hearsay, opinions and rubbish that has been posted on this thread. Everyone seems to have their 2 cents worth, with no evidence or facts to back anything up. Also, we seem to have gone of the topic of the original post which was Mac Chaser receiving the incorrect engine. Gary has already replied to this and I don’t need to go into detail here again. All I can do now is supply some facts and hopefully this will clear up some of your questions / accusations.
    1. The engine was sold in September 2011
    2. Randall shopped around to get the best price, which is normal and understandable, who doesn’t these days. However, he went one step further and shopped us internally, playing one sales person off against another (Talk about Honesty and Trust) Despite this a deal was done
    3. The engine was sold as fitted by our workshop to a newly built boat which we were told would be finished and ready for fit up late December / Early January.
    4. Despite the engine being sold out of the time frame of the Boat Show, we convinced Suzuki to upgrade the pre rig to the Garmin GMI upgrade. (No charge)
    5. After requesting several times over a period of two weeks from Randall and the Boat Manufacturer (Origin Boats) to supply information regarding the rig kit required (prop size, cable lengths, control box) to no avail, we had to secure the order with Suzuki to get the Garmin upgrade. So a pre rig kit was ordered.
    6. Around December, I received a call requesting if we could deliver the pre rig kit to Origin Boats so they can pre cut the holes in the boat for the gauges etc. We delivered the rig kit from Springwood to Redcliffe, 2 hour trip there and back, no questions asked. (No Charge)
    7. We got a phone call from the Origin Boats that the control box was incorrect. Refer point 5 why the rig kit may have been incorrect. So again, no questions asked, we sent a driver to collect and deliver the correct control box. 2 trips – 4hrs (No Charge). Mac Chaser did pay the price difference between the control boxes, we wore the Suzuki re stocking fee (No Charge)
    8. Strangely at this point the boat hadn’t even started production. We were then advised there was a delay and the boat was another 3 months away.
    9. Forward two months and we receive a call from Randall, that the pre rig kit is missing GMI 10 Antenna, Prop and Wiring Harness. Keep in mind that this rig kit has been sitting around somewhere for about 3 months, so our natural re action was that this was not possible. We asked if they could double check as all the parts should be there. At this stage we didn’t question why the pre rig kit had been unboxed to this extent. At this point as far as we are concerned we are still fitting and engine and pre rig kit, and the gauges were being used to pre cut the holes only.
    10. On the 13th of April I receive a phone call from Randall asking why the boat hasn’t been picked up from Redcliffe? And that it was due to be booked in on Monday for fit up? I advise Mac Chaser that I have no knowledge of the boat being booked in and I check with our workshop, who also don’t have any booking on record. All bookings are recorded in a book in book. We have never experienced this problem before.
    11. Origin boats contact our workshop direct, adamant that the boat was booked in. Just so everyone understands we do not book boats in for fit up if they are being built. This means that we have a booking on a maybe, as it turns out the boat was 4 months late, how can anyone be so accurate with a booking date from weeks prior to the completion of a boat??
    Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    12. Again bending over backwards, even though our workshop is booked out 8 days in advance, I convince them to take a booking for the Tuesday / Wednesday. So this is 1 – 2 days after the supposed booking date. A 1 – 2 day delay turns into a drama, again, keeping in mind that this boat is 4 months late. I ask Mac Chaser to help us out and get Origin Boats to drop the boat of as we are under the pump.
    13. I receive a call from Randall a few minutes later that Origin Boats would charge a delivery fee for the boat to be delivered to Springwood, and that it would be better if we could deliver the engine to Redcliffe for fit up. At this point we agree to deliver the engine to Redcliffe on Monday / Tuesday (Again NO CHARGE) and would re fund the fit up cost difference. Re fund was carried out with no delay.
    14. Another phone call from Origin Boats that there is a missing harness. At this stage we are confused as the main focus is on a harness, and the prop and GMI Antenna have appeared and are no longer missing. They obviously find it difficult to convince us the harness is missing and that it wasn’t in the original box. Please note points 10 to 14 happened in a very short space of time.
    15. The engine is delivered to Redcliffe on the Tuesday. So time frame wise we are back to square one
    16. My Sales Manager receives a phone call on Tuesday regarding the engine being used (second hand). He is unsure how to reply to this and advises Randall he will look into it. Gary has replied to the next events in his previous posts, so I don’t need to go into this again, but the engine was replaced very quickly. Randall has a new engine
    17. Another phone call from Randall regarding the wiring harness, benefit of doubt, I investigate this further and see what it going on. A few phone calls to and fro between Randall, Origin Boats and Suzuki with part numbers etc, I establish the harness in question is on back order. We have been accused of being liars and trying to cover things up, however, to any one that doubts this I have proof via a Suzuki Invoice to confirm the harness is on back order. Invoice number SI084525, I don’t need to post a copy of this, any one is more than welcome to come into our Dealer ship to view the original copy if they wish. We can also prove that Randall didn’t have a contract with the serial number in question, we have the original contract.
    To all those asking why one contract has a serial number and the other does not is simple. When a customer takes delivery of an engine, boat, trailer etc, he/she receives the final contract with identifiers, dates, signatures of customer and sales person. Please understand that this engine sale was done over the phone and a contract was done, however, the engine was ordered 2 weeks later, refer back to point 5. So at this point there was no serial number.
    A few posts back Randall says his issue is with how he and Origin Boats were treated and no Apology has been made. Gary has apologised for the mix up on more than one occasion, refer back to previous posts. I think anyone reading this will see that we have been more than accommodating.
    And to answer a few more questions, people have posted and opinionated on
    :They would not except an engine with oil in it - All Suzuki’s come with partial engine oil from the factory.
    :They wouldn’t except an engine out of a box - If we are sending engines in boxes, it means we are selling outside of our PMA. Technically, Randall should have bought his engine in North Queensland (Talk about supporting local business?) The purchase of this engine was purely price orientated from the customer, otherwise the engine would have been purchased through Origin Boats, or the next closest Dealer to Origin Boats.
    :Motorama – Motorama has no ties with Springwood Marine and hasn’t had since I have been working here, approx 8 years. So those who posted anything against Motorama, need to apologise. I am sure they wouldn’t be happy with being dragged into this.
    A few posts back, someone mentions this thread sounds like a witch hunt, you are not wrong. Masses come out to complain but only the minority praise. This is human nature unfortunately. Like I said in the beginning, I will stay on topic here so hopefully some questions have been answered. It is unfortunate that people have posted they have had a good experience with Springwood Marine but after reading this thread they wouldn’t come here again.
    I hope anyone reading this doesn’t think it is a personal attack on any party involved, these are the facts. A lot of this information is documented in contracts and emails between the parties involved.
    One thing everyone seems to be overlooking here is that once the mix up with the engines was identified the engine was replaced with a new engine immediately.
    Once again apologies to Randall for the engine mix up. Can we move on now??
    Quote Originally Posted by MACK CHASER View Post
    My replies to Rybak thread
    1. Yes did order 30/9/11
    2. Yes did shop around why not work hard for my money and yes First up I got a quote from SW via email through there website on the contact us part then I rang up everyone was at boat show so ask the person who was someone different for there price out of curiousity and it was cheaper than the previous quote so dont see why I couldn't ask for this cheaper price if one person in same company gives a better price, also had prices from else where I said to SW can you match the best price which I gave as was paying cash for it not financed SW came back and matched,the ball was in there court if they couldn't match it I would go else where didn't worry me, anyhow to me if you pay for something wouldn't it just sit in a corner till you pick it up as its been paid for not on layby.
    3. Yes I did say it would be late December or January but I found out other boats were ahead of mine by time I ordered of Col don't see what that has to do with it I had already paid for motor to me it could sit at SW for as long as it takes they had my money owed nothing.
    4. Was told motor was already order on the 30/9/11 when i signed a contract the suzuki deal ended 30/9/11 so don't know how this is out of the time frame when I was emailed saying the motor had been ordered for me on the 30/9/11
    5. Motor was ordered on 30/9/11 to get GMI 10 deal and was told to get back with details of pre rig told them on the 11/10/11 wanted binical control was told should be able to get it swapped no problem.
    6. Yes did ask for Kit to be delivered to Origin in Redcliffe was told no problem as there guys go up there 1-2 times aweek for services long as it could wait till they went that way and they would drop it in I said no problem whenever you go that way so it wasn't a special trip thats for sure.
    7. Yes was incorrect kit was side control not binical mmm you would think from Oct - Dec one might of thought a binical control would have arrived since told them on the 11/10/11 to go with a binical.
    8.Yes boat hadn't started as other boats had to be finished before mine could start and xmas was nearly on them.
    9.I called in and wanted to see the gauges and why not I had paid for them.
    10. The booking was made on the 28/3/12 for the 16/4/12 I was emailed this info straight after the booking and after calls Steve found out the person whom took the booking and several other bookings hadn't done the right thing booking them all in and then this person went on holidays for 3 weeks this was why they didn't have the booking internal error honest mistake.
    11. I believe Col & Steve they booked it in.

will answer other questions in next thread below
    Quote Originally Posted by MACK CHASER View Post
    My replies to this thread 205

12. They weren't sure they could do it by tuesday or wednesday and my concern an panick was I had got other Co workers to switch shifts with me because I thought motor was getting fitted on the 16/4 which I had allowed couple days for boat to be finished after this and I would get up there from orange where i'm working after starting my break on the 18/4 so this why after talking to Col about fitting motor for me would be garantee that it would be at least fitted by the 17/4.
    13. Yes Origin would have had to charge why wouldn't they as they had heaps work to get done with other boats and mine was supposingly booked in 16/4 so they would have to pull someone of another job to run boat down to SW when the original deal was SW would pick it up when they did one of there trips to redcliffe for servicing so it wasn't out of there way as long as it wasn't a special trip that's why I thought they would pick it up on the 13/4 as was told they usually go up there monday friday yes refund of fitting was paid.
    14. Harness was missing as finally agreed on this.
    15. Engine was delivered on Tuesday (used one though)
    16. Yes I rang manger and told him was not going to accept the motor and I asked for my money back but he said they get me a new motor so let it go at that.
    17. Yes I never got any paper work as I had said before last time I asked back in October 2011 the invoice machine had broken down but they had received all the money I transfered and I only have what I heard over the phone when I asked Guyla the serial no of the motor being sent to Origin on the day it was being taken up there was told over the phone the s/n and how it was packed being told was on pallet and on frame not in a box so still trying to work out how the mistake happened if this s/n was from a demo/second hand motor already sold and sent up north to someone wouldn't have thought i'd be given a demo/second hand s/n if it were to be new motor. With the paperwork on contract have a email from SW saying motor was ordered on the 30/9 so don't know why your saying was ordered 2 weeks later to me that's your problem if you hadn't ordered it on the 30/9 like you told me in a email. Yes and I still feel the same about being treated badly as no apology personally to anything but will get over it to me it's not good business practice on SW behalf but that' my opinion. Why should I have bought motor up north where I live plenty people buy boats down south and get whole rig fitted out and take it back home and I don't have time to as my work doesn't give me much time off as I work away so it was easier to get whole boat fitted out down here and take it home north load it up and go fishing than wait take hull home organise a motor get it fitted and then go fishing.

Anyhow these are my replies can't wait to pick up the boat next break and get it north and head to the wild blue yonder and catch some nice REDS yea ha.
    Both sides of the coin.
    Similar stories with one been more believable in my mind.
    One story full of 'accidents' like receipt machine not working and the wrong motor sent to the wrong place and misplaced loom and wrong binnacle and.....
    Throw in the saga of the free service, the service book stamping fiasco, the fitting of the engine booking in mix up, the differing purchase prices from two different salesmen in the same place (how can you have a bidding war against 2 salespeople in the one place?) and the signing off of Springwood Marine's owner....that's enough for him.
    You can make up your own mind.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Note to self NEVER buy a demo motor

oh and give the guy you offered a free service to a refund , your word is important ......

well fish08 why have a crack at me when people go off half cocked, making opinions without hearing both sides, which was my original point I did not imply that Mack was wrong at any stage and I didn't say SM did everything right
    you may need to read slower so you can understand
    like I said all info needs to be on the table before any informed comments can be made
    I am not taking sides, did you read that? and from what I get reading every post there is fault in every direction not just one way as you would spruke
    I do not stick my head in the sand on any issue, but I try to make sure I have an idea of what's going on before I join the hanging party
    IFISHCQ2

Hi all,
    You know I have been living 32 years in Aussie now and I still get annoyed with trades businesses and companies who promise to do things come out to give quotes start a job , finishing a started job etc you get the drift ;(
    After reading this post over the last days I must say SM made mistakes but because of the time frame involved plausible mistakes who have been mostly rectified .
    Everybody got their engine in the end didn't they ?
    So no passionate apologies where made sort of so what ?
    Get on with it and get of their backs I reckon , the way you guys are going soon you have to go to Sydney or Melbourne for a boat ,motor , or fishing reel .
    Come on guys their is one way of crucifying a business or just coaching them into a better for us business in the future .
    I have known all of the guys at SM for over five years and bought a boat there a few years ago , I own my own business and deal with a lot of people on a daily basis .
    I make mistakes and always try to rectify them but you can't please everybody you know.
    I can tell you that Gary is a truly decent guy that has been in business for many years because he has been fair , and has not ripped of people like some of you seems to think, YOU DONT LAST LONG if your a crook.
    Just wanted to get this of my chest .
    Other than that I think this forum is great for info on boating and fishing , keep it up

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tomdisk View Post
    I can tell you that Gary is a truly decent guy that has been in business for many years because he has been fair , and has not ripped of people like some of you seems to think, YOU DONT LAST LONG if your a crook.

Tom

Hmmmm.... i took my 9year old boat to springwood marine to get a trade price and a cash sale on a boat in their yard, was offered $1500 as a trade price. Went home and put it on boat sales and collected $9000 cash in 24 hours (still underpriced) and i bought a boat privately.

Lee

That's because any boatyard in the last two years hasn't got a chance to sell a boat that quick ana reach that amount of people as you get on boat sales plus you don't have the overheads at home hey .
    Anybody could have told you that you can't expect a comparable price point in a boatyard with private sales

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    You don't get it, the thread is evolving into something entirely different to the start and giving people who don't often post a chance to have a say on something that concerns us all.
    As JJ said - this post Evolved pretty quickly from dealing with the specfics of Mack Chasers issues to how He & 20ran were treated and to the fact that SWM were not only unable to make things right and move on, but KC in particular seemed hell bent on doing everything but!

The offering of excuses and conjecture does nothing to enable the matter to be resolved. All that SWM had to do was apologise, and yes it had to be done publicly on this forum - and make restitution to 20ran for renegging on their promise of a free service.

Simple.

SWM have no one to blame for any of the posts here nor the longevity of this thread - but themselves. Ryback went some way to addressing the whys and wherefores but it was really too much superfluous information and excuses.

ALL.....YOU.....NEED......TO......DO.....IS....... ..APOLOGISE...

& MAKE GOOD ON YOUR OFFER TO 20RAN

MARK.
    (I too have owned my own business and currently manage a company, dealing with customers every day)

Some of the boats on consignment at SM have been sitting there for a long time because the owner don't want to realize that the market for secondhand boats have nosedived and hanging on to their believe that their boat is worth a lot more .
    Sorry didtnt intent to wonder of the subject that far 😰

As far is I can retrace this tread Gary did apologize twice in his first reply to this forum 😉😉

Why is everyone still going on about no apology being made? , or it not being a personal apology?. I apologised to Randall directly on a public forum. Seriously, how much more of a personal apology can that be. You all actually got to witness it.
    Once again, it seems Mac Chaser and SM have moved on, yet it is the same people still making comments and opinions that are un founded. I did say I wouldn't comment any further on this issue, however, just to clarify "broken receipt machine?" At no point was this said, in fact, I have a receipt and contract sitting on my desk as I write this dated 30/09/2011 receipt number 7294 and contract number 1233. These contract numbers were imput and receipted on this date, the dates and receipt numbers cannot be altered. The system wont allow us to alter these details, once again, I invite anyone to come and view this documentation if they feel the need to. Also, I understand some people cannot help themselves to pull the chain of events I posted apart. You will only succeed in this if what I have written is the untruth, so good luck. As for non compliant trailers? What????? Please get your facts correct!! Someone made the statement all our trailers are from China. We do not sell or have sold Trailers made in China since I have worked here. Dont meet ADR regulations? GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT AGAIN!!!!. Yes I am starting to get frustrated. If you would like to find out information regarding brands we sell etc please call us. We should have someone monitor this site 3 times a day??? It would take a full time employee to respond to all the nonsense, accusations and opinions posted. This is only one site, so maybe we need to employ another person for face book and so on. One more thing, a Forum is a discussion. This has basically been an all out attack on Springwood Marine.

Rybak, what about the free service that SM has been asked about multiple times? Can anyone answer that?