Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

Does look like the two big ticket items for this thread were sorted with motors but boat issue to be resolved - may see it in another thread but doubt it after this one - reckon it will be fixed.

I still see poor ol 20ran was unfairly brushed aside and treated as a little guy, with promises that were never honoured or explained, but don't blame 20ran for moving on.

Ausfish thanks for letting the thread take it's course.

Forum dudes well done for not losing it and making it a slanging match to be deleted - not easy when provoked and at the end of a day after a beverage.

I don't think anything was unfairly said and if anyone takes the time to read this entire thread they can make up their own minds well enough.
    Cheers

Trev

I have followed this thread from the start and my comment would be.
    If it was an honest mistake by the guys working in dispatch which could of happened. I cant see or understand how Mack Chaser had the serial number for the Motor that came off Rosco's Cat sent to him as the new motor in question. I think if it was a dispatch mix up Mack Chaser would of gotten the paperwork and serial number from the motor that was sent up north.
    Just my thoughts.

Cheers Brett

My understanding from reading macchasers original thread is he ordered a NEW motor but he wanted the special gauges deal for free at the time so my point is how do you mixup a new and a second hand motor , of what has happened is not bodgie it's totally incompatent .Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Similar situations have occured with large dealers in Melb being caught out passing off engines as new when they weren't. Not making a statement pro or against SM, simply commenting on events that have occured down here.

I was also a little curious when the word "demo" was used... I would have thought that if I bought a demo motor it would have been one the dealer has used to show people how good they are when running etc.. not one that a customer has had an issue with and has been removed from the back of their boat.. that is not a demo.... otherwise we all have demo motors on the back of our boats until the warranty period ends.

As a customer (on the Sunshine Coast) I would be taking heads off if I paid the amount of money it costs for a new motor these days and was then confronted with a second hand job with possible issues and a line of somewhat questionable actions.

For me the worst thing is that the actions of the dealer cannot be proven to be a mistake or otherwise... the whole serial number scenario is very disconcerting though?

Will be continuing to watch this thread closely.
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Quote Originally Posted by Katcaddy View Post
    Guys, please, it was an honest mistake, as one earlier thread has said, if we were trying to deceive or do something illegal we would have done it a lot smarter, it was sent on an open cradle with sika all over the mounts. Two mistakes were made, the first being that our people sent 2 engines to the wrong customers and the second mistake was not fixing it immediately, not a good excuse but I was away and our staff I think went in to panic mode and were not sure how to handle it. That's a problem I now need to fix internally and the buck stops with me and I except that.
    We employ over 20 people and at times mistakes happen and most people except that however its how quickly we rectify the problem is how we are judged and that's fair. To suggest that we are shonky or we have tried to defraud someone is ludicrous, our reputation is of upmost importance to me and to my family who all work in the business. I can only apologize once again and hope that this gets put to bed once and for all. As a footnote, some of the threads here have been posted by opposition dealers who should have a good look at their own businesses.
    A Family business can be tough.
    Defending your family is one thing. Disciplining them without offending can sometimes be very difficult or even imposible. Believe me, I have seen it all happen many times before.

Guys, for your info, Mack Chaser did not get the serial number of the engine in question.

Garry yes I did Gyula told me the serial number and how it was packed over the phone the day it was to be sent to Origin Boats I asked why not in box told me it was taken out look Gyula in the eye an ask him the question you most certainly knew what motor was going to Origin Boats my main beef is the way I an origin were treated by your staff never a apology what so ever
    Last edited by MACK CHASER; 26-04-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Similar situations have occured with large dealers in Melb being caught out passing off engines as new when they weren't. Not making a statement pro or against SM, simply commenting on events that have occured down here.
    Were there any prosecutions in the case of these large Melbourne dealers or was everything swept under the carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    It happened to me too and the boatyard is now out of business.

What I can't believe is there is no-one in the whole place (with a staff of over 20) who could not have made an on the spot decision in these matters when you were away Katcaddy.
    Mobile phone? E-mail?
    What would happen if you had the misfortune of having a heart attach and were out of action for months on end?
    Someone must be able to make the big decisions whilst your not there. Is there someone there who can make the same decisions when your not there?

So Katcaddy...how does this all work?
    What procedure has to be followed through if I order a new engine off you people?
    Start from me wanting to order an engine to me been happy with the engine on the back of the boat.
    What paperwork trail has to be laid down to make sure I get what I paid for?
    If I place a deposit on an engine, or pay for one outright, is the engine I've ordered, or brought, ordered straight away?
    Are you issued with a VIN number when you place an order for an engine?
    Am I allocated a VIN number for my engine as soon as the engine gets to your shop or before?
    If I place a deposit how long is it until my engine gets to your establishment?
    How long does it take for me to get a VIN number?
    If I pay for a motor (as old mate has done) does the motor I brought simply sit in the workshop until I'm ready for it?

In short.....When am I issued with the VIN number to my motor I have paid for?

Everyone there has the same name on their shirts. Springwood Marine.
    It's not a person who has stuffed this up. It's the company.
    Quality control is a big issue if the story is believed.
    What internal quality control do your people have to follow to make sure this type of insistent does not happen?
    How many engines (over 25hp) would you send out for other people to fit in a day/week/month?

Demo is short for demolition not demonstration by the sounds.
    As mentioned....was a written report to the work done to the 'demo' motor sent to the customer who actually brought it?
    I too think describing that motor as a 'demo' was a 'stretch' of the truth. It was more like a re-manufactured or repaired motor.
    Wouldn't it be funny if 'demo' boy popped up

Bloody hell there's a lot of questions.
    And I'm afraid I'd be asking every one of them if I placed an order for an engine (new or secondhand) from anyone (Except my old mate Gary that is).

Cheers then
    Alfred.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

TopBhoy,

No prosecutions that I am aware of. Pressure gets applied and a solution is forthcoming under threat of further action. One dealer in particular has done these sort of things numerous times.

Anthony,

The business I was referring to down here is still operating.

Cheers

Something I just thought of in relation to the numbers.
    How come one bloke got engine numbers in the paperwork and the other bloke didn't?

As I said before. So many questions.

Cheers Alfred.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

so many questions , very few answers ...........

It appears that it wouldnt matter what expalantion we made in in relation to this matter some of you guys just delight in finding fault and thrive on it. We run a reputable business and will defend our reputation, its obvious that some of you do not have your own businesses and its obvious you have never made a mistake for which i applaud you. we spend a lot of time and money supporting this industry, sponsor fishing competitions, sending mechanics out all hours of the night to keep rescue boats running (for no financial return) and time spent on weekends helping customers out, you wonder why we bother but you know what, there are enough good people out there that deserve it which makes up for it, ill bet that most of the guys that have had the most amount to say either have never had any dealings with us and probably live too far away to do so. i have no intention to continue trying to reply to these threads as it appears that it makes no difference, guilty until proven innocent it appears and you know what, innocence doesnt make for a good thread does it? Keep the thread going guys and enjoy, and for all the experts that have all this advice about running your own business that dont currently, have a go, you at least might have some empathy, but its the Australian way isnt it, lets cut down the tall poppy. Katcaddy signing off.