Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass out weather

Glass out weather

The call was to do a trp saturday morning with the brother and old man in tow for a trip out wide. Conditons were to be near perfect .
    After spending the night with Boony forcing me to drink heaps of alchole the friday night i wasnt keen on the 330 am wake up call from my alarm .... But i managed. Hiting the harbour around 4 30 am seen it dark as dark can be with awesome conditons none like i have seen in a long time. Glass out as far as we could travel and see lol.

We stopped at the small patch of fern Boony and i fish couple weeks again with nothing to show there. An hour and still nothing so outwide as wide we ventured. We arrived some 76 km out from the harbour to a large swell but glassed conditons .

First drift seen a nice RT hit the box with some hussar thrown in and some small reds . We anchored on a show with at least 5 fish hitting the box mixture of Rt tuskie's and hussar. then nothing. Ok another move and similiar hook up rates then a top spottie took a floating pilly. Then nagain a change and same soon as we moved fish straight away then nothing. We trolled as well for no strikes then found a nice show of fish helped the esky a bit more . The RT 's were nice sized with a mixture of spangleds stripeys hussar tuskie's and some horse fusiliers thrown in. Seemed quiet on the fishing front with some mates heading out as well ending up with a feed but nothing to brag about.

VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Re: Glass out weather

Thanks for the video this morning buddy - really made my day

About time you had some great conditions. Thanks for the report.

Cheers

another good trip out mate well done...u liking the new 140 suzuki mate..
    cheers rosco

Beautiful conditions,makes me wonder though on those glass ot days if they do go off the chew a bit.
    Some nice reefies anyway.
    Mick

Hey mate.I reckon that you,ll get some good weather for the next 4-5 weeks because thats how long before I get the cast off my arm and be able to go for a fish. Hows the new motor go on juice.

Certainly some nice conditions there JT.

Those Red Throat sure are pretty fish can't wait to get back up to CQ fishing again. September (M&G) is to far away!

Cheers,
    Jim

Nice feed JT,those conditions look awsome,I see you have a takeaway coffee on the transom for the hangover.

Well you did some miles but also put together a good feed.

Glassy conditions were sympathetic to a morning after - beats the hell out of being thumped.

Thanks for the report.
    Cheers

Trev

A tasty looking feed there, nice ones. Err...... except the spotty, looks like it got dragged home behind the car! Ben

Well done JT. Another great report.

HAHAHA thats the brothers coffee i don't drink the yucky stuff. The motor is amazing and since the pitch drop to 9 i reckon vast improvement. Fuel economy is great and boay goes like a dream., Yes the day was way to calm but awesome weather is just as good as a full esky
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Nice feed JT,those conditions look awsome,I see you have a takeaway coffee on the transom for the hangover.
    Ah..... So it's not just me that zooms in on the background to sticky beak at other folks setup, fittings, etc. 😄

Usally there's a Jimmie and dry there
    VHF CHANNEL 21

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    Usally there's a Jimmie and dry there
    Yeah but u drank them all the night before
    Thanks for the report mate, glad to see someone got a few

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Nothing lost with red throat JT, great fish, great weather. I have done equally well/poorly in glassy conditions, just depends on the moon phase.
    Much rather mill pond this time of year than mid January though.