Thread: Mission Point 23rd April

Mission Point 23rd April

Just thought i would throw this up as a warning to people using this area. Not too sure how long it will take to get fixed. This was standing upright on friday night. I went to check some pots sat morning and it looked like this. There are far too many of these markers without any lights in this area, so came as no surprise when i first saw it in this condition.

Sits just under the waterline at high tide, and is just up past lime pocket campgrounds.

Cheers Deano
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Mission Point 23rd April

Cheers for that Deano, I'm heading to Mission Pt this upcoming weekend (27th). Did you let the rangers know?
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Kero no i didnt myself, but many others in the area did. The marine parks guys were out looking at it on saturday so hopefully its back up and some lights are added to all these markers. Must be 10 at least in that area alone with 0 lights... only a matter of time before somebody or even a family gets killed or seriously hurt.

Geez I'd hate to be the poor bloke who hit that, and being just under the waterline at high tide is only going to make it more dangerous.
    Conservation NOT preservation!

the entrance to Ningi Creek had similar,,, except the marker didn't "bend" over,,, it broke off and stayed in that condition for a couple of months ,,, I know of 2 tinnies that were sliced open like sardine cans and heaps of near misses,,, (haven't been there in awhile but i "presume it has been replaced)
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

choppa - credit to the marine parks guys who were out early saturday morning sussing it out. Just hope its repaired and lights are fitted to it and the others.
    I was out with the missus old man about 3 years ago and we cleaned up the green marker at Otter Rock off WOody Pt. Hit it just about full noise hardly put a scratch on it, yet wrote off the 4.3m tinny. pretty bloody scary thing to have happen t ya at midnight. The only beacon in the area and yep we cleaned her up good. Took about 7 or 8 wks roughly for em to get the light back workin after much hassling from the old boy and some other locals