Thread: What r the fors and against jetski fishing?

What r the fors and against jetski fishing?

Re: What r the fors and against jetski fishing?

Just from experience as a boatie (this isn't a shot at all Jet skiing fishos mind you, just a memorable encounter). Be considerate of people anchored on places like beacons, just cause you're small and more mobile, doesn't mean you should run over people's lines to jig or drop a line on structure cause you can get that little bit closer than them. Usually ends up in snags, tangles or agro (or all the above).

Mate there are no against. Don't listen to boaties who don't know until they tried. I got boat and ski and I now fish off my ski more times than out of boat. I guess the big thing is that if you want to try a few places, u can get there nice and quick.
    Takes a little to get urself organized but everything is right at ur fingertips.
    Cleaning the ski takes half as much time as boat.
    Ski not only use for fish but a good family entertainment as well.
    I am always considerate of all boaties, but still amazes me how someone can get on this site and tells someone what they are not supposed to do, rather than answer their question.
    Just sounds like another jet ski fisher basher.
    Maybe experienced boatie just not experienced jet ski fisher.

Cheers
    Greg

not too comfotable in winter
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Cool Re: What r the fors and against jetski fishing?

Yeah I forgot that one. Got me there.

There are just as many boaties including water skiers that do silly and dangers things on the water - Not just jet ski's.
    Many mature aged jet ski users out there do the right thing but still get verbally slammed for it.
    I have a fishing boat and jet ski - love fishing out of the jet ski - gets out wide quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_friend View Post
    Um.... If you pull a shark aboard.... its bitey bits will be right up personal with your dangly bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Mate there are no against. Don't listen to boaties who don't know until they tried. I got boat and ski and I now fish off my ski more times than out of boat. I guess the big thing is that if you want to try a few places, u can get there nice and quick.
    Takes a little to get urself organized but everything is right at ur fingertips.
    Cleaning the ski takes half as much time as boat.
    Ski not only use for fish but a good family entertainment as well.
    I am always considerate of all boaties, but still amazes me how someone can get on this site and tells someone what they are not supposed to do, rather than answer their question.
    Just sounds like another jet ski fisher basher.
    Maybe experienced boatie just not experienced jet ski fisher.

Cheers
    Greg
    I agree with everything Seahorse said. I reckon most jet ski fishers have had boats before and are just trying something different. You've got to be pretty well organised and experienced to go regularly fishing on a ski due to the size and space limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hello_friend View Post
    become more active on this forum,,, ask Greg 100 questions a day if need be,,

99 to go,,,

but truly,,, IMO,, like any other style of fishing,,, it has both advantages and disadvantages,,, it's up to you to make what you require from a jetski as a platform to fish from,,, shallow water, quick to change spots, no need for an anchor, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by stephgav View Post
    There are just as many boaties including water skiers that do silly and dangers things on the water - Not just jet ski's.
    Many mature aged jet ski users out there do the right thing but still get verbally slammed for it.
    I have a fishing boat and jet ski - love fishing out of the jet ski - gets out wide quick.
    agree wholeheartedly,,, most of the "disrespect" you hear/read about "jetskiers" are those that are out and about on their "toy" going flat knacker everywhere,,,, I'm yet to sight a pic of one carrying fishing gear doing the same,, (not saying that these pics don't exist,,, just rare)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Yeah I forgot that one. Got me there.
    what,,,,, about me being a great bloke,,,, your forgiven Greg,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by choppa; 24-07-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: ?
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Thought this thread was dead and burried. Thanks for ur forgiveness choppa.