Thread: Brissy River

Brissy River

Have not hit the river in quite a while. Have gone twice lateley and both times scored fish. Got these last night and a few baby jew. A couple of threadys have come up but none over a meter since the floods!? Threaddy busters and snapbacks diong the damage. Ben
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00381-20120420-1412.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	79135  

Re: Brissy River

Nice work Ben. thats a solid looking few. young bloke Garrett and his mate scored a 1.3 m so they must be still there mate, They look like sizable sandies too mate Cheers

Nice one Chief, we haven't seen any 1M+ around either, quite a few around the 80cm mark. Stacks of little jew though.

Nice one mate.

I'd drive down and have a fish with you tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that would just ensure that you catch no more fish.
    Going by the past couple of attempts, I think the threadies are allergic to me!

Yep you just stay right where you are mate, wouldn't mind getting a couple more good sessions in before you even drive your car over the gateway.
    Cheif the jew is only legal size but the sandy was a tasty monster. Ben

Even though im a Artificial user, i reckon you will get the bigger jew and threadies on live mullet or herring

cheers tim

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Even though im a Artificial user, i reckon you will get the bigger jew and threadies on live mullet or herring

cheers tim

Umm I thought that was a deckie secret. No more spot x for you

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    Umm I thought that was a deckie secret. No more spot x for you

Ill tell everyone about that jig mold you have if your not carefull

cheers tim

I use both tim and have caught big ones on both but prefer using artificials in the river for ease of covering ground. oh and it's more fun! Gave away the smokes recently and it helps to keep busy also. Ben

TimD .. that 1.3 was on a live herring, I must admitt the big threadies I've caught 1.3 , 1.4 have been on herring and the fish up to 1.2 on artificials. Cheers