Thread: Birthday Party

Birthday Party

Son is turning 30 and I want to give him a party he will remember.
    First those who live on the north side of town any idea's on the where part. It could be a hall or a venue we just can't afford the Hilton.
    Then depending on that i then need suggestions on food. What would some of you do>

BBQ
    Spit
    Anyone know how to do a hungy
    Finger foods

Any suggestions please.
    cheers
    sandyd

Re: Birthday Party

Do you want a catered venue or just a location and do the catering yourself?

feeling old Sandy? hehe..30 year old son. Mine turned 29 yesterday..bloody scary.

as for the party..which part of the northside? Nephew had a party at a hall at Kallangur..caterers..apparently it was reasonably priced..food and service from them was good.

I think it will be do it yourself as I want to make this personal and I find that catered functions are so restrictive.

As for feeling old no way, you are only old as the person you are feeling and that is why i married someone younger. Are you able to get me details on the hall and cater please.

Also have you heard of the Petrie Scout Group, they have a camp place does anyone know if anyone can hire this or what is the go?
    cheers
    sandyd

Hi
    The options are endless.
    I would go with finga food-- chili chicken and barbque wings. Small homemade pizzas-- easy to do. Can't beat the cocktail franks on a cool night.

Depends if you ae going for a main meal-- bar b que- camp ovens, winter stews and stir frys.
    Like i said it is endless. Wouldn't worry too much with deserts.

Chips, cabana and cheese, cocktail onions and nibbles.

If you need any help let me know-- recipes or other suggestions.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi
    The options are endless.
    I would go with finga food-- chili chicken and barbque wings. Small homemade pizzas-- easy to do. Can't beat the cocktail franks on a cool night.
    Ronnie
    Yep. That'll do. Finga approved AOK..
    And you gotta have fairy bread. What's a kiddies birthday party without fairy bread??

Cheers Alfred.
    PS: did Owen tell you about plants Sandy??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Im gonna say what you're all thinking

Get a Stripp............................................ ................ey clown

Because Stripey clowns are funny

I would go with finger foods for starters.

A pig or lamb on the spit for main meals.

I have done a few Hangi's many years ago.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post

I would go with finga food--
    Serving up bloodworms probably wont win the crowd.....

Ok lets see, bloodworms hummm don't think it would please the crowds, just a couple would enjoy this and not for the taste more like the reactions, Finga foods are good, and the spit that I would love but we still have to get a venue and not sure about that one. Thanks for the idea oh and the stipper just what I thought as well. Thanks Mrs Ronnie or your ideas lots to go with.

Scott Owen did mention that are you there this week end? I was going to see about coming over last week end but ended up with a headache the size of the winery we where at the day before. Went to Ä day on the Greens, what an amazing day/night.
    cheers
    sandyd

http://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/fac...950&coll_id=20

Try this link, it has a variety of halls in all different areas around the Moreton Bay Council region.