Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you giggle like an idiot - aka iFish - when you are fishing?

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Thumbs down Do you giggle like an idiot - aka iFish - when you are fishing?

When I go out fishing, rare these days due winds, weather etc, I nonetheless treat it as a fairly serious thing, love the thrill of the bite and the catch but there is no way I revert to a babbling, giggling idiot like the host of iFish who follows in the footsteps of the notorious Rex Hunt who drove me mad with his babbling idiocy.

Yeh, yeh, I know his show was great but without him it would have been brilliant! I watched it with the sound off and captions ON when possible and the high quality of his show was excellent when viewed that way.

Likewise iFish obviously has a lot of money thrown at it as there are no complaints about the content but do you carry on like a ten year old kid when you jag a fish?

I know the Host can't do the whole hour as a deaf mute but if his antics are representative of how we rec fishermen behave, I would shrink away in shame! Massive ego is a prerequisite of being a show host but look at ET who does an admirably professional job on his show and makes it a pleasure to watch as he aims it at adults in a thoroughly professional way!

All the failed boating and fishing shows in the past have invariably had a clown for a host - remember Fishing WA? - ET kills them all as he treats us like mature adults who love our fishing, get excited at the right time and doesn't behave like a first class goose throuhout!

I'm dun!

Re: Do you giggle like an idiot - aka iFish - when you are fishing?

Depends.
    If I have something to be giggling about then I'll giggle and go on like a little 10 year old school boy looking at a 40 year old playboy.
    But usually I'm just sitting back enjoying the company, tranquillity and the fight of the fish that's attached itself on my hook (if I'm not partaking on the ingestion of food or drink_.

There's an old saying:
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
    You grow old because you stop laughing
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I'm never one to criticize someone for having a bit of personality. I think its great to see someone who shows genuine passion and enthusiasm for what they do. I don't particularly like the show but I respect Paul for what he does for the fishing community and especially the kids. Have a watch of Adventure Bound on ch31 and ###### (183) I think it will be right up your ally.

I hear that "ET" nearly lost his role/show with Discovery,,, he has been "sent" to New Zealand for awhile,,,, probably until some of the "dust" settles and his sponsors regroup

Paul Worstelings current "ego trip" is that the iFish team are producing 10 new episodes throughout 2012,,,, which may make the Saturday morning reruns of his show a bit more tolerable,,, BUT when you compare 10 shows with the likes of Mark Berg,,, who is doing over 30 this year,,, and hosts a far greater show IMO,,, pffft to PW

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

When I'm out on the boat its one of the few tiimes when I do laugh histerically, normally to over up my supidity for dropping a fish I knew I shouldn't have or losing a brand new T-curve over the side....its either laugh histercially or burst out crying.....

Yeah - I struggle with Worstling's over-acting as well. I did not mind Rex's excesses but Worstling seems to have copied Rex and then added some.

Lee Rayner, Worstling's ex-TV hosting partner and Hunt's son-in-law is much more enjoyable to watch, imho.

I cannot watch Scott Hillier for similar reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    he has been "sent" to New Zealand for awhile

Is that the same as being "sent to Coventry"?

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    Is that the same as being "sent to Coventry"?

I think so,,,, I do know he was meant to be in Northern Territory early next month,,,, but a 2-3 week stint in NZ,, then home for a few days,,,, mmmmm NT is cancelled

But IMO,,, (and I'll probably get shot down here,,, but so be it),,, what other show "pulls" an average guy/gal from the street and takes them away for a weeks fishing,,, I wonder how many members here have been nominated (or HAVE nominated) to be the lucky one,,, and you get to win prizes on top if your lucky enough,,,, ON TOP OF THAT ,,, Mark is now prowling the east coast (not Qld tho) ,,, picking a lucky person who turns up at a nominated venue and off they go for the day fishing !!!

Mrs Choppa put my name in the barrel ages ago,,,, and I have actually met MB a few years back,,,,, true legend,,, great bloke,,, should make a statue of him,, (Im sucking up here in case he reads this)
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I was just advised that a new Lifestyle Show is currently in "production",,,, The Lure Of Fishing

aimed at primarily kids and non boaters,,,, Donnybrook area has already been wrapped?????

No, not a giggler,

I guess that's why I like Robson Green on Extreme Fishing.........

he looses a fish & has no trouble cussing in front of the camera.
    (a bit like me when I do a good one)

Muzz

I don't know about giggling like an idiot - but there are certainly a few whoops and yells - especially if the fish is red and BIG or has loats of teeth and is BIG - or is just generally BIG.

Nothing wrong with being a bit excited.

Just on the subject of Paul Worstelling and Scotty Hillier. I have seen both of these guys offscreen - in various places and they are both exactly the same in real life. Passionate about fishing and Crazy excited about doing it for a living. I admire guys who don't put on an act in their shows - what you see is how they really are. True - that may be a bit much for some - i guess it depends on your viewpoint.

Mark

You might be interest in this Choppa, posted on Mark Berg's Facebook page today:

We will be at the Angler's Warehouse in Tweed Heads on Anzac day (25th April) to take a local out for a fish the next morning with RU4Reel charters chasing all sorts of great fish. We will be choosing one random fisho from the store to join us and give them the chance to win cash and prizes from Daiwa and BLA. So make sure if you live in the area you be at Angler's Warehouse next Wednesday at 4pm ish to be chosen. Its a great chance to say G'day as well and talk fishing so come on down. Cheers, Bergie.

Just re-read it and you have to be a "local" - Bribie might be a stretch.

you got my hopes up,,, "Then d
    ...........................................o
    .............................................w
    ................................................n

Sorry Choppa