Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How far out would you go in a 5m Tinnie

Re: How far out would you go in a 5m Tinnie

You have got to love the look on peoples faces when they go past in their $100K "offshore boats" when your out there in a $12K Tinny setup ......... Mine won't sink, has a reliable motor, i can paddle it if I have to, have all the safety gear,... nothing wong with that, no less safe than a 6m boat! May need to go to the Chiropractor when I get back in though!!
    That said I wish I had a $100K offshore boat

Ausfish Platinum Member

He He He, I know what your talking about Richo, I wish I kept my CC. Not all bad though, the missus is already talking a bigger boat, but the one she's talking about will need a mooring instead of a trailer, we'll see how it goes. I sold the CC cause the weather was always shite and I could never get out as much as I wanted. It's still only on the odd occasion that I look at the ocean and think that I could've gone out wide today, and those days that I do, I could take the tinny out, so would we really need a bigger boat for that? Mind you, we got alot more time on our hands now, so it's not like we gotta wait for days off. We got a mate with a 3400 Kevlacat for the bigger trips, and there's always charters if desired. I think I'm happy with the tinny's for now, just gotta pick the day right.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Here's a bigger boat for you Corry - it's still a tinny, but 7.5m of tinny....

http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au...e-cabin/111044

How funny is that..........even comes with free Ausfish stickers on it.

Ausfish Platinum Member

He He He, I wish, promised I wasn't going to get another bigger boat, the last one spent too much time sitting waiting for the weather or the opportunity to go out. Guess life is a little different now, we have more time to go fishing, but I'll give a a while before I go looking for a bigger boat. Wanna go touring and fishing up through the gulf and NT in the near future so most focus will be on setting stuff up for this.

Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

7.5 metres? That's the biggest Aluminium Bath-Tub anyone could imagine?
    LITTLE SKIPPER!