After reading up and searching for a kayak for ages, checking to see if the stores had them or not I found a great sale at Burleigh heads. I ended buying a SCORPIO TERRAPIN for $549 with paddles and seat included. With a bit storage room at the front for a small esky, cargo bay at back and 2 big hatches to store gear i thought it would great for the river/dam.

The upsetting part was having to look at it for 3 weeks in the patio before I got to try them out.

When I did get to use it, wow!!!. The calm, peacefulness of just paddling on the water and seeing the weed structure plus fish was amazing. Just that alone was an incredible. The fishing, well I ended up catching something on every session i went out. It was just great having soo much freedom on where you could target.

The only down side was the centre handle slipped off but went back on with the right tools handy. Any idea of how i could prevent this???

Overall it was great fun and I'm looking forward to more adventures at big w and colleges crossing plus catching lots of fish.